IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for Start Menu 8 v2 & Get the Latest Offer

Cicely

Great News! Start Menu 8 v2 final version is available now!

It brings back the familiar Start button & Start Menu, and empowers you to use your Windows 10 Technical Preview, Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP the way you like.

1. Download Now

Download from CNET

2. Send Your Feedback

E-mail us directly: beta-feedback@iobit.com

Post it in this thread, or open a new one on our forums.

3. Latest Offer

Write Positive Review for Start Menu 8 to Get a 3-Month / 1PC License for Any One of IObit Pro Programs

If you are satisfied with our product or service, please do us a favor to write a review on CNET to share your good experience. It will help other users to make the correct decision.

Then send the screenshot of your review to beta-feedback@iobit.com and tell us which IObit Pro program you want, then we will gift you a 3-month / 1PC license code of that program.

Offer valid to 2015-03-31.

4. What's New

+ Supported customizing a new group in Start Menu to start items in it quickly

+ Supported fast search from whole disk even when the item is not indexed

+ Added restart in Safe Mode option for Windows 10 Technical Preview and Windows 8.1 / 8

+ Supported "Pin to Start Menu (Start Menu 8)" by right clicking an item

+ Display recently opened items under documents, browsers, etc. in Start Menu for quick launch

+ Supported skipping UAC when you open applications from Start Menu 8

+ Supported customizing the transparency of Start Menu

+ Automatically sync user picture and Account picture

+ Supported Windows 10 Technical Preview, and Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP

+ Provided FAQs for Windows 8 / 8.1 started by Start Menu 8 users

* Supported high DPI

* Optimized user interface for easy and convenient operation

* Supported 38 languages

* And more can be discovered by you

Hi Cicely & Enoskype

Thanks, just little feedback, Start Menu 8 version 2 works great, just wish that in the settings there is Check For Update and About menu as well, so we can always sure that we're running the latest version, and know exactly which version we are running now

Merry Christmas to great Iobit Teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I missing something or is there no way to turn the automatic updates off within the applications settings? There is a liveupdate service running which I found and turned off using Windows Services but I can't see any option within the app itself. I'm sorry, as much as I like StartMenu8 I think it's a big no-no for an app to have to "built in" option to control updates.

Hi Skrybe,

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently there is no settings for auto update. We'll consider your suggestions carefully in the future to continually improve our program and service.

Please stay tuned on Start Menu 8.

Happy 2015!

I have a couple more questions about the new version - What is the "Powerful Uninstall" that appears on the right click menu for items on the start menu? I'm not about to click it (even if I wanted to uninstall something) because it's a completely unknown quantity.

Also, what is the service "StartMenu8 InstallServices" that appears in the task manager? Does this actually need to be running? What is it used to install?

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I've noticed is that the account name is no longer displayed under the picture. I recommend this program for novice users and this has the potential to be really confusing for users with multiple accounts on a single PC. Is there any way to add this back? If not, could this be brought back in a future version?

Hi the_caveman,

Welcome to IObit Forum!

Please follow the steps below to get it back.

Right click Start button to choose Settings -> click Menu -> find the item "Personal Folder" -> choose "Show as a link" or "Show as a menu" from the dropdown list -> click Apply button.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n203487[/ATTACH]

Then you can see your account name under the account picture of Start Menu.

Have a great time.:-)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Thank You so much for making this program! It turned the confusing Windows 10 Start menu to the easy basic start menu. I love it so much I got my entire family to use it. Thanks to you I can happily use my windows 10 operating system.Thumbs upThumbs up