IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows 10 Start Menu

TrojanHorse27

• 3 months later...

Can anyone from IOBIT confirm that a start menu for Windows 10 is being prepared ? I will not transfer to Windows 10 until I am assured there will be customization start menu programs form other vendors. When I had W 8 I used the iobit one and was happy with it. Then I went back to W 7 because I could not stand W 8. Please respond.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear friends,

The new version 2.3 of Start Menu 8 is available now. You can download it here: http://download.cnet.com/Start-Menu-...l?tag=main;pop.

It supports Windows 10 start menu. Here is the guide to switch to Windows 10 start menu.

Right click Start button->choose Settings->click Advanced->tick the option "Left click to open Windows 10 Start Menu" or "Press Windows key to open Windows 10 Start Menu" ->click Apply button.

Welcome to any feedback or suggestions about Start Menu 8.

Cheers!8:)

The new version 2.3 of Start Menu 8 is available now.

Here is the changelog:

v2.3
+ Added some advanced settings to help you customize your Windows 10
+ Added support for Modern app's icon background color adjusting automatically along with the Windows 10 Theme color
+ Added option to show or hide the latest game or software news
+ Added option 'Delete' in right-click menu for the items on the right panel of start menu
+ Added Bosnian version
+ Optimized the UI to be much user-friendly
* Fixed general bugs

The addition of the possibility of switching between StartMenu8 and the genuine Windows 10 Start Menu has been a great enhancement. However, the genuine right-mouse-button menu shown when you click on the Start Menu can also be very useful, and now it is unaccessible when StartMenu8 is running. Instead, its own RMB menu appears.

I would really appreciate the possibility to switch between both rmb-menus without the need of exiting StartMenu8. Why is it so important to have an access to the genuine rmb menu? For example, it has an option to run a dos-like console (or PowerShell). It is very strange and unexpected, but when Cmd Console or PowerShell is run with a command under Windows 10, not each command is accessible! For example, bcdedit does not work. The only way to have the full access to all console commands is to run a console from rmb-menu when clicked on Start Menu button.

So, for now, installation of StartMenu8 blocks the access to opening of the console with all commands. If you need bcdedit, you must exit StartMenu8 which causes a returning of the genuine rmb menu. Only then you can run Cmd or PowerShell with the full set of commands, including bcdedit. So the possibility of choosing between the genuine rmb menu and the StartMenu8 rmb menu would be really nice.

Would it be possible to make a difference between clicking the StartMenu button and clicking the point in the very left button corner, like in Windows 8? It would be the best solution: clicking the Start Menu Button would cause the (LMB or RMB) IOBit menus to appear, and clicking at the corner would call the genuine menus (without the need of closing StartMenu8).

Hi grzegorj,

Welcome to IObit Forum!

Thanks for your precious suggestion. We've forwarded your proposals to our Product Manager and Tech Director. They will consider it carefully to continuously improve our product and service.

Please stay tuned on Start Menu 8. Cheers!:-)