IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

UAC prompt always minimized

malcy990

I am running StartMenu8 2.2.0.48 on a Windows 8.1 Pro system, and I have the UAC ( User Account Control ) settings at the Windows default so I get a popup window asking for verification on certain actions. If I try to do something from StartMenu8, for example try to run the Windows System command prompt as an administrator using the right mouse button context menu, then the UAC popup is triggered. BUT, it is minimized and the system is 'locked' because this popup has to be satisfied before the system will proceed. The only bypass that I have found is to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to switch to the task manager, and then use that to switch to the UAC prompt which brings it to the foreground.

If I do a similar action outside StartMenu8, for example from a shortcut on the desktop all works as expected

Archived