IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Installing extra programs without asking

ibcus

I've been using start menu 8 for quite a long time now with no problems to speak of, I really like it.

Until I came to the pc today and noticed it had updated, nothing untoward there I thought.

Until I noticed a new program pinned to the taskbar.

I went to uninstall it and noticed a new option in add/remove programs

So you thought it was ok to install 2 extra programs without asking me???????????

WTF, how dare you.

If I want them I will install them.

Get a grip.

Hi ibcus,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please provide us the full name of the program that you noticed been pinned to the taskbar.

And please take a screenshot about the option that "I went to uninstall it and noticed a new option in add/remove programs", and send the screenshot to us for further checking.

Here is how to take a screenshot: http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Thanks for your time.

• 11 months later...

I am also complaining about how you have this tool installing your other programs without asking permission or giving any notice whatsoever when it performs an "update". This is the second time it's done it; if it happens a third time I will uninstall the start menu program along with whatever it had installed. And then look around the web for places to give all Iobit products reviews cautioning others that your products are malware.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi feathin,

Glad to help you.

For the update matter, sorry for any inconvenience. We will forward your concern to our Product Manager and Tech Director. They will considerate it carefully to improve our product and service.

With respect of malware issue, please kindly note that our IObit program are definitely clean. This must be a false positive.

If the false positive happens, please take a screen shot of the result window and send it to us so that we can sort it out.

Thanks for your support to IObit.

Archived