IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Permanently remove the Mobile app in W7

Since ASC has crippled my Firefox I don't want the same to happen to my phone. No matter how often I uninstall the mobile app, it keeps coming back, prompting me to install ASC on my phone.

On my main PC I have now removed ASC completely, but my wife wants to keep the basic functions. Does anyone know how I remove the mobile installation icon which keeps installing itself on the desktop of the W7 laptop?

Thanks.

Hi AndyB, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

I would try Powerful uninstalling ASC with stand alone IObit Uninstaller 3, and remove all the related folders below with all their contents :

C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7

C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\LocalLow\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7

C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 7

C:\ProgramData\IObit\Advanced SystemCare V7

You have to have your files/folders unhidden to see some of those folders.

Reinstall the latest version available as of now from: Advanced SystemCare 7.1 (7.1.0.387) is released! thread.

If you don't use ManageMyMobile in the Toolbox and do not have a look for Advanced Mobile Care in the Action Center, I believe you will not be bothered with the notices to install that program.

Cheers.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll try that and see if works over the next 2 or 3 days.

I just know that on my PC I did not select it and it popped up on my desktop anyway. I'm using the Pro version and have a 3rd machine, which I have not used for a week, so I'll see if this one also starts installing the Mobile icon on its own when it does the ASC update.

Cheers.

I now know what happened. The laptop just updated and during the update it ran through a "tutorial".

On my desktop PC I just clicked "next" all the time, thinking it really was just a tutorial, not realising that my previous settings were not used this time around but were overwritten and the mobile phone icon was launched. On the laptop I picked it up and averted the crisis I am experiencing on my PC.

I still don't have full control over my browser and will need to completely reset it and lose a lot of time-saving information. The fact that I am getting iobit marketing stuff now has helped me decide to abandon iobit applications completely as I don't trust the company any longer.

Archived