IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit IMF scanning Windows *8*, FPs? [SOLVED by db 1112]

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 1.3.0.3

Define Version: 1064

Time Elapsed: 00:02:22

Objects Scanned: 52834

Threats Found: 6

Save Time: 3/12/2012 12:56:57 PM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Vundo, FILE, C:\Windows\system32\wuwebv.dll, 4028618

Fraudtool.Hijack, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cscript.exe, 2005060

Misleading.Antivirus8, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\explorer.exe, 2005138

Fraudtool.Hijack, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\mmc.exe, 2005455

Fraudtool.Hijack, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\rundll32.exe, 2005824

Fraudtool.Hijack, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\wscript.exe, 2006164

here is what I did so the explanatory the results...make sense.

as you know if you read the thread win8 review?

the above is a clean 8 install on its own drive...the same result..

ok the data base not yet up graded that I will do tho the same result showed the above as Trojan extra..

it may pay for Obit to look at this? if interested..

this time I left it as is no action taken...till I add the new Data base

then may, tho rather skeptical I should..as its the new windows( preview Version) and may be a false report...?

this is by no means criticizing OBIT Program .."thank you its more to help fix it..

Mr Bean

IObit Malware Fighter

Define Version: 1111

Time Elapsed: 00:01:40

Objects Scanned: 52312

Save Time: 3/12/2012 1:23:41 PM

Fraudtool.Hijack, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\cscript.exe, 2005060

Misleading.Antivirus8, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\explorer.exe, 2005138

Fraudtool.Hijack, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\mmc.exe, 2005455

Fraudtool.Hijack, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\rundll32.exe, 2005824

Fraudtool.Hijack, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\wscript.exe, 2006164

I up dated data base

still the same report..

hope this is useful to you for you to investigate..

as I have used the I obit product from the very first Beta..would not be without it..and feel comfy running it...always have...

since the win 8 will be the go as millions are testing it this needs to be looked at I suggest..

at the moment I shall take no action to eradicate it till I hear from you Iobit report..that its safe to remove the files...

Mr Bean

EDIT: The latest definition version is : 1112 IObit Malware Fighter 1.3 Offline database 1112 (March 09, 2012)

It may change the result though. Thanks for the info.

Your thread in Lounge section is copied to here False Positives Report section.

Please wait for hxin to respond.

thank you for that ..

now testing here is what I have done....

please remember its a new Os (8 preview)

I decided to let obit repair the system (rid the files..Clean it)

the files were cleaned. baring WUWEBV. dill

could not remove it...

so booting into Linux then removed the file to my pen drive..(as its supposed to be part of a update procedure..what information I found on it..

then rebooted to win 8..preview. did a scan

the result thy are all gone...

What this will do or how it may effect the Os no idea, but so far seems ok...

the final capture is after I did a rescan of the os ...

Please remember I am Testing The OS this all could mean nothing?

tho it found the above files remove them bar the one i fiscally removed...

I do not recommended my actions for you the member to follow

as its AL experimental

and If the Os fails then I shall simply reinstall it from new

By formatting the drive...

again Do not monkey around with this ..

as its me testing different programs and options..

and made the report .that could or may assist iobit developers..

Then again may not at all?

Mr Bean

IObit Malware Fighter

Define Version: 1111

Time Elapsed: 00:01:40

Objects Scanned: 52312

Save Time: 3/12/2012 1:23:41 PM

I up dated data base

still the same report..

hope this is useful to you for you to investigate..

as I have used the I obit product from the very first Beta..would not be without it..and feel comfy running it...always have...

since the win 8 will be the go as millions are testing it this needs to be looked at I suggest..

at the moment I shall take no action to eradicate it till I hear from you Iobit report..that its safe to remove the files...

Mr Bean

EDIT: The latest definition version is : 1112 IObit Malware Fighter 1.3 Offline database 1112 (March 09, 2012)

It may change the result though. Thanks for the info.

Your thread in Lounge section is copied to here False Positives Report section.

Please wait for hxin to respond.

Hi Bean

Thanks for reminding us.

Presently we are doing the tests on Windows 8.Let us know if any further question.

We have solved this issue in our update definition 1112.Please update and scan again.

ok thank you for that

now I need to ask is it alright to install my version on my experimental other Pentium?

as this has not yet been or scanned..this one I removed the files iobit found

and do not want to reinstall it just now...

. but the other one still has the offending files...that are gone on this one...

and I need to know if its OK to install my IObit on the Pentium..so it is a full working program

temporary registered it....or will the (A free version) do the job same as the registered one???

as soon as I done testing will remove it..but need it for about a few weeks ..

Mr Bean

ok here is the file

i renamed it to zip .

all you have to do is rename it to .dll

be aware its for IObit only!!!!

do not open this ..if you do open it dont cry to me you did...

its for iobit to look at!!

Ok that's I Had enough on this, I shall leave it in your Hands Now..

This is the installed file from the ISO (MS win 8) burned to DVD...

Mr Bean

rid it as its not needed...

• 1 month later...

Why Bother?

As far as I know, Microsoft is just putting Windows 8 out there until they get Windows 9 ready....it is kind of like what happened with Vista. MS uses us as a Testbed so we can do their work for them. Sometimes I am not impressed with MS....My Windows 7 Home Premium is excellent and just fine! I'll wait with much patience for MS to get it right! :evil: (rant over)

-Cowboy

• 2 weeks later...

MS uses us as a Testbed so we can do their work

My Windows 7 Home Premium is excellent :::,

Um mm HOW do you think it got there?

yes Sir "BETA windows 7 !!! " I tested as well. Still have the first one original disk!

like the first ever Made XP the only version With No win fire wall!!

still have it..as most of them..

well that could be said for any software provider..If its A beta then Its our choosing to test or leave it alone.. personally its not a bad idea,how else will a provider of soft ware know if any problems may occur ?

the files scanned did show a false alarm ,tho no one knew that.AND FIXED.

and now as with the new IOBIT BETA. trying them both at the same time..

2 beta I do think that is my first time..

Look its a good thing for the end result..we volunteers spend our time and do enjoy the Hobby.(testing)

yes plus get to tell the program's fix this or that..

hoy a Lot of the time not Much feed back.. still no mater give it shot you may even like it yourself

and Do not have to give feed back SIMPLY BLOCK THE LINKS!

but hey this windows 8* not bad you know.

I do think it May be a other XP????

Mr Bean

Heh...

I dunno Mr Bean! :mrgreen: ...But I test other software and mainly Security stuff.So,I don't want or need another ''Beta Windows 8'' on which to test my stuff on as I need and want a stable platform (system) on which I run OTHER software! Like I said,and there is a lot of opinions out there from 'experts',that MS Windows 8 is just a transitional system to 9. And you may be right about it being another xp upon final release.People are having a conniption fit about the Start button not being there.....and so on.

I'll just sit back and relax awhile with my Home Premium... :wink:

-Cowboy

MS Windows 8 is just a transitional system to 9.

hi there

probably is, what is my concern,its very Auto mated. have it running on its own box

with the iobit product. and behaving rather well both of them.

8-9 its heading to tablets.I guess the desk top will dissipate in years to come? but If Ms is thinking this? be a very long time I can not See it in my life time.any how,my thinking thy be always used.perhaps the lap tops,thy be the ones to go first,the tablets replace them.the Desk top do not think thy will ?

this win 8 is very smooth tho,bar the opening of the OS ,one has to get used to it.But on a tablet is nice.on a desk top not so nice,(could do with out it ) or rather prefer it.

the IOBIT product is also a big move forwards.but I like what it is doing.

its not interfering with my fire walls,and port blockers, and seems so far running very well

my thinking is now just sit back a bit see what is updated .and or changed.

its certainly blocks and dirty files..what its made to do and doing it rather well.

any how just to say hi to you and welcome!

Mr Bean

Archived