IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

False Positive Report - Unsigned Non-Commercial 3rd Party Game Management Tools [SOLVED by db 1386]

I have a lot of issues with malware detections tools generating false positive reports for 3rd party tools written for games with zero commercialization. As shown in the following report, the detected files are usually either .exe's or .dll's:

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 2.5.0.8

Database Version: 1385

Time Elapsed: 00:53:07

Objects Scanned: 132449

Threats Found: 8

Save Time: 10/22/2014 7:42:40 PM

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Crypt, FILE, C:\Users\AndrewYoungen\Box Sync\Game Files\Warcraft III Files\Tools\W3IR\W3IR.exe, 4034347

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Games\Mod Organizer (Skyrim)\plugins\installerFomod.dll, 4116517

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Games\Mod Organizer (Fallout NV)\plugins\installerFomod.dll, 4116517

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Games\Mod Organizer (Fallout 3)\plugins\installerFomod.dll, 4116517

Trojan.Crypt, FILE, G:\Users\AndrewYoungen\Box Sync\Game Files\Warcraft III Files\Tools\W3IR\W3IR.exe, 4034347

Trojan.Generic, FILE, G:\Games\Mod Organizer (Skyrim)\plugins\installerFomod.dll, 4116517

Trojan.Generic, FILE, G:\Games\Mod Organizer (Fallout NV)\plugins\installerFomod.dll, 4116517

Trojan.Generic, FILE, G:\Games\Mod Organizer (Fallout 3)\plugins\installerFomod.dll, 4116517

These are tools have have used for at least over a year (and almost... 5-6 years in the case of W3IR.exe), and I have never had any issues. Just to be safe, though, I did an extra scan of each "infected" file using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, which reported no "infected" or malicious files. As an additional test, I checked to make sure the files ran correctly for their respective programs, and they perform correctly, so they haven't been "replaced".

I can add these to my ignore list, but I do get kind of tired of Anti Malware tools "detecting" low-end user created 3rd party game management tools as "trojans". I have had nothing but good experienced from all my IObit software, and very much love all of your tools! I hope you can white list these files, and maybe figure out a better way to detect these kinds of things!

-----

Below is the an attachment of the "infected" files as outlined by you submission sticky:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_14149_1414024533113_697[/ATTACH]

• 2 months later...

Archived