IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter 3.1 Pro detected STV Player App as Trojan.

Malware Fighter detected the STV App which was downloaded from the Win8 App store as a Trojan virus. I have confirmed the authenticity of the developer of the App which is the STV Television Company.

Here is the log from Malware Fighter:

IObit Malware Fighter

Version: 3.1.0.18

Database Version: 1440

Scan Mode:AutoCare-Idle

Time Elapsed: 00:05:57

Objects Scanned: 61793

Threats Found: 1

Save Time: 04/05/2015 00:45:13

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Trojan.Generic, FILE, C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\STVGroup.STVPlayer_1.2.0.6_neutral__bjkrc23rnq5bt\StvPlayer.exe, 4166447

I attempted to upload the file to website as suggested, however, windows denies me access. I have admin privileges and the only way for me to view the folder, "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\..." would be to change the owner from "Trusted Installer" to myself, however as I found out in the past doing so would render ALL the Apps in Win8 unusable, therefore I do not wish to take that risk again.

Any replies with comments, tips and feedback is appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Davyie.

Hi Cicely,

Thanks for your reply. I would like to add that Windows SMART SCREEN also detected that same file as malicious this morning.... This is beginning to make me wonder if it really is a false positive...

I have in the mean time, because of Windows picking it up as malicious, uninstalled the STV App.

I will await any further news you have, again I am sorry I was unable to upload the file in question.

Many Thanks, D.

Hi Davyie,

Thanks for your continual reply.

Well, sorry to tell you that we can't judge whether it is a false positive without the file you mentioned. If you can find another way to send us the file, we can analyze whether it is a false positive.

Thanks for your understanding.

Archived