IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

2 programs I have used for over 10 years are said to be Trojan.Generic

One of the things about me is that I LOVE to play The Sims when I started downloading mods I needed Zip apps and some games you might even need an Installer of a type.

I use jZip as my zip program, it can open anything including RAW packages which are what a CD ROM is used for a game or program to run when the disk is inserted into a disc drive. I hate that they think this app is a Trojan when I have been using it since 2005.

The second app is an installer from ModtheSims Creator Delphy (?) this installer helps install The Sims 2 packages that are needed to install peoples creations into the game as the game has removed their option for the need for packages.

The 2 items, I have used for years and have never caused any problems. We all know some apps ask to download some stupid side app that is supposed to be "helpful" for you but is really just spyware. But that doesn't mean the rest of us who know how to do a custom install and skip these programs that the program itself is not safe.

Please take them off from your trojan list really getting sick of these to being the only programs that the Spyware Cleaner picks up. I would like my PC to say my PC does not have any problems.

jZip

S2PCISE.EXE for the Sims 2 installer

Hi Melissa Mullins,

Welcome to our forum.

To check whether it is a false positive, please follow the instructions below:

1. Make sure you update it to the latest definitions version.

2. After the scan, please click the "Save Report" button on the bottom left and send us the report

3. Zip the suspicious file with password "infected", upload it to http://www.wikisend.com and then give us the download link

We are looking forward to your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived