IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Possible False Positive "Misleading.DefenseCenter" [SOLVED by db 1614]

Not sure if this is a false positive?

It is a Registry entry, so I am not sure whether I can even upload anything to virustotal.com or upload a file to you guys to check whether the detected threat is "clean".

I have included a log file, so please let me no if this is a false positive and what I can do to help you find out if it is, if there isn't already a solution

Thanks Rob

Edit:

I couldn't upload the log file but this is what it says;

IObit Security 360

Version:1.4.1.11

Define Version:1612

Time Elapsed:00:01:36

Objects Scanned:48175

Threats Found:1

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Misleading.DefenseCenter, Registry Value, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved Value={5E2121EE-0300-11D4-8D3B-444553540000}, 4-29254

Hi burrellbuzzman,

This could well be a false positive, as the key is for ATI cards.

What is written under the Data column when you go to the Registry Entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved

in Registry Editor for the Value={5E2121EE-0300-11D4-8D3B-444553540000}, IS360 gives as a threat?

You can open the Registry Editor by typing regedit to the Run... in Start menu and hitting Enter.

Cheers.

Thanks for the response,

Just went into regedit and under the Data column for the associated key which is in my first post, is says:

Catalyst Context Menu extension

As you said it is to do with ATI cards i guess this is a false positive.

Is there any other information that you need from my end?

Thanks again, Rob

Not sure if this is a false positive?

It is a Registry entry, so I am not sure whether I can even upload anything to virustotal.com or upload a file to you guys to check whether the detected threat is "clean".

I have included a log file, so please let me no if this is a false positive and what I can do to help you find out if it is, if there isn't already a solution

Thanks Rob

Edit:

I couldn't upload the log file but this is what it says;

IObit Security 360

Version:1.4.1.11

Define Version:1612

Time Elapsed:00:01:36

Objects Scanned:48175

Threats Found:1

|Name|Type|Description|ID|

Misleading.DefenseCenter, Registry Value, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved Value={5E2121EE-0300-11D4-8D3B-444553540000}, 4-29254

Hi burrellbuzzman

The Defensecenter is a rogueware , but the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved Value={5E2121EE-0300-11D4-8D3B-444553540000} is a FP.

We will solve this issue in our later update definition 1614.

Thanks for your feedback.

Archived