IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

The Malware Fighter is blocking my Internet connection

Baurus

I saw the advertising and installed that programm... but after using it a few hours it blocked my internet connection.... ANY internet connection... I can see the availiable connections AND connect to them BUT it sais "NO Internet Connection". I did not install anything else or made any other changes to the system... what is happening???

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to exit IMF from the system tray icon and for a moment I had an internet connection... then it was just gone again.... on connections I clicked on the X for internet to let the system find a solution... I got the message : the services auxiliary IP application is not running or something like that. Maybe it is a Service under : Services and Applications -> Services ??? something turned OFF

Why would you run ASC without an internet connection.??. Are you trying to fix your problem or are you trying to find fault with products.

ASC result was correct. It accessed your internal modem successfully...Test OK...it could not connect to the net (because it was not connected)....accessing server Failed.

Guess what! I am sure you knew that already AND what caused the problem. After searching into IMF I found a notice that I should download "Smart Defrag" because of problems on my PC. I click download and WTF.... I do have internet connection again in order to download another of IObit Product YES!!!! What the hell does that say to you??? hmm??? Another bunch of useless Products in order to retrieve money from people??? I'll unistall all the package!

CHECK THIS OUT: https://www.dhnet.ufl.edu/getconnected/knownissues/

congraz!!!

I think you need to change your meds and get a decent Internet Service Provider. The link you provided makes it quite clear it is not an issue with IMF but with your ISP. Pity you did not read your own link at the beginning as it would have spared us all this unnecessary effort.

Guess what! I am sure you knew that already AND what caused the problem. After searching into IMF I found a notice that I should download "Smart Defrag" because of problems on my PC. I click download and WTF.... I do have internet connection again in order to download another of IObit Product YES!!!! What the hell does that say to you??? hmm??? Another bunch of useless Products in order to retrieve money from people??? I'll unistall all the package!

CHECK THIS OUT: https://www.dhnet.ufl.edu/getconnected/knownissues/

congraz!!!

Dude, I checked the list of Software That Causes Connection Issues & Violations and I noticed that almost all known antivirus software is in that list. :D Let's be realistic for a sec. You definitely need to change your ISP.

I saw the advertising and installed that programm... but after using it a few hours it blocked my internet connection.... ANY internet connection... I can see the availiable connections AND connect to them BUT it sais "NO Internet Connection". I did not install anything else or made any other changes to the system... what is happening???

Hi Baurus,

Normally, IMF would not cause such trouble.

Please help investigate the issue with the steps below:

1. Please describe the issue more clearly so that we can look into it. What operation did you do with IMF before the trouble came up?

2. Send us the screenshot of the error message when you cannot connect to the Internet. Guide for taking screenshot on http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

3. Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV8.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click ?Save report to Desktop§. Then you will get zipped file IObit_Debug_Info on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

• 1 month later...

I was on a wifi network and it was working perfectly fine. Then a iobit malware fighter 31. Free version notification popped up and it said, "You're DNS is being changed to ###.###.#.#." and it had two buttons " ALLOW" "DENY"

i had no idea what DNS was so I just ignored that pop up and it went away. Then moment the pop up went away. My internet stopped working.

On the bottom right corner where the internet icon was, it had 5 bars, but there was a yellow triangle. I hovered over it and it said I was connect to the network but there is "no internet connection."

I have no idea how to undo what iobit malware fighter did to my internet...

So i just did a system restore 5 days back, and deleted this stupid IMF, and my internet worked.

I hate freaking IMF.

I have windows 7.

Hi Qwerty11111,

Sorry to hear the trouble. I have reported the issue to our product team and we will make improvements in IMF v3.2.

Hope you can re-install IMF again. Your support will be our greatest stimulus to work harder to improve our products and service.

Thanks for choosing IObit to care your PC.

Hi cookie,

Sorry for the trouble you encountered. Please change the DNS Protect settings with the steps below and check if the problem is solved:

1. Click Details text link behind DNS Protect

2. Tick the option "Use your current system DNS settings" or choose the recommended DNS servers, or you can input your preferred DNS server addresses by ticking the checkbox of "Use the following DNS server addresses"

Note: you must know the corect DNS server addresses when you input. Otherwise, you cannot connect the internet.

3. Click Apply and OK to save your changes.

Hope it solves the problem.

i had also accidently press e "block" button and now is able to connect to internet using wireless connection. i was unable to do a system restore. please help! what must i do to reset the setting?

Hi everyone :)

I am new to this forum and wasn't sure where to post this thread. I was trying to help clean out my uncle's laptop so I did a scan with ASC first then restarted the laptop. Then I did a scan with malware fighter and soon after there was no longer internet. Its showing that it is receiving a strong signal from the router but that there is no internet access. I tried restarting the laptop...... All other pc's and devices in the house are receiving internet with no problems, but I tried rebooting the router/modem anyways..... Nothing. I tried running the trouble shooter for Network center.... it didn't work. I checked to make sure that it was set to Obtain IP & DNS server address' automatically, and they were. I tried turning off all the options on ASC and malware fighter..... Still no internet. I have been using Iobit products for a couple years on my own computer and laptop and have never had this problem before, but the only things I did to his laptop was run these 2 scans and right after he lost internet so I don't think it is anything else. Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Oh I forgot to mention that in my first post. I had also tried to do a system restore that day but for some reason it wouldn't allow it. I found out it was because his system restore has been off.... for some reason. So there are no restore points from before this all happened :(

Archived