IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can't enable Bitdefender engine

roger_m

I've just switched from ASC Ultimate back to using ASC and IMF again. I have v4.2.0.2458 installed and activated. When I enable the Bitdefender engine, I get a network error as shown in the screenshot.

I uninstalled IMF, and made the sure IMF folder in Program Files was deleted, and then rebooted and installed it again, but it made no difference.

Hi Roger_m,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please download this one http://update.iobit.com/dl/imf4/bdsetup/bdsetup-20160620.exe to reinstall and see if it will fix the issue you encountered.

If the same issue persists, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperDumpV9.exe. Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'.

After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

I've also found a bug with context menu scanning. I extracted part of a malware pack (and had IMF's protection disabled. I did a context menu scan of the folder I extracted the file too, and quite a few were missed. When I enabled real-time protection and then opened the folder in Explorer, IMF began detecting more threats, even though further context menu scans found nothing.

Hi Roger_m,

Since you mentioned " the threats found were automatically quarantined, despite having Automatically remove unchecked ", please kindly take a screenshot of the settings that you check "automatically remove unchecked " and send to us.

As to the context menu scanning issue, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperDumpV9.exe. Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'.

After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder. Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Hi,

Thanks for sending us the files.

As to the context menu scanning issue, is the screenshot you sent under context menu scanning with IMF's protection disabled? Please enable IMF's protection to use the contxt menu to scan and see if it will find those theats.

Hi roger_m,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I have confirmed with our manager that the realtime protection and context menu scanning are based on two different protection modes as they use two different databases. So it is normal that with realtime protection enabled, IMF began detecting more threats while context menu scans found nothing.

Any other inquiries, feel free to let us know.

Cheers!

Hi,

If you checked this option "Quarantine threats when removing them" under the Settings->Scan window, the threats will be automatically quarantined. And you can go to Quarantine list to restore them then you can access those files. Please refer to attached screenshots.

Any other concerns, feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

I misunderstooed the setting. What I want to happen is that no action happens when a threat is detcted, and I am notified of any threats found, and when a scan has completed I get to choose what to do with each threat, I do not want to have to ever restore quarantined files. I only files I specifally let IMF quarantine be quaratined.

On a second laptop I have IMF installed on, it just ran an Auto Scan. If found some threats, but waited for me to choose what to do with them, instead of automaitcally quaranting them. This is the exact bebaviour I want on my main laptop.

Hi Roger_m,

Do you want our software let you to choose what to do with every threat that our software has detected? I have forwarded your suggestion to our Product Manager. We may consider developing this feature in the future. Please stay tuned.

Have a nice day!

Hi Cicely, yes I do. But, IMF already doess that - just not on the main laptop I use. It is quarantining files automatically, when it has been configured to show the scan results and let me choose what to do.

On the second laptop, after a Smart Scan has completed, I am just shown the scan results and IMF lets me choose what to do.

Hi Roger_m,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please try again to scan on your two computers, when it fnished scanning, please take screenshots seperately. Then send us the two screenshot so we can look into.

• 1 month later...

When I get a chance I will send screenshots.

I was using a different antivirus breiefly on my main laptop as I finding IMF to be too heavy. However, I am now running v4.3 and it is definitely lighter than the last version. I have my download folder srtoed by date in Explorer. It contains hundreds of installers. If I opened the folder in Explorer, there would be a failry long delay before Explorer sorted the list of files to show the most recent ones first. However with v4.3, there was only the delay the very first time I opened the downloads folder. Even after rebooting, when I opened the folder it takes just a few seconds before Explorer sorts the files in date order.

I have a question about detection. You have previous said that the on demand and on access scans use a different database. I have never seen an antivirus (and I've used just about every antivirus) before where the real time protection detects more viruses (e.g. when I open a folder contaning infected files in Explorer) than manual scans do. Is there a reason for this, as I find worrying that the manual scans do not detect all threats.

I do understand that. However, there are threats which are only detected by the on access scanning. If I do a scan of the folder with malware, there will be threats which are not detected. If then open the same folder in Explorer there will be threats detected which were not detected by the manual scan.

Hi,

Please kindly take a screenshot of "If then open the same folder in Explorer there will be threats detected which were not detected by the manual scan." and send to us.

Then please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperDumpV9.exe. Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'.

I've already uninstalled IMF and swtiched to an alternative again. I can send you the malware pack if you like.

I was finding IMF to be too heavy. When I would open a download folder in Explorer, there would at times be quite a delay while IMF was scanning the files before Explorer colud finish reading the file information. For exaample I have my download folder sorted by date. With no antivirus running, when I open the folder, there is just a delay of a second or two before Explorer finished loading all the file inmformation and then sorts the files in date order. With IMF installed, sometimes there is just a very minimal increase in time. But, at other times there is a very noticable delay betwen opening the folder and Explorer sorting the files in date order. It doesn't help that my two main download folder have hundreds of installers in them. However, with the antivirus I'm using now, there is never a long delay or any significant CPU use when opening one of my download folders.

Archived