IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

USB Auto Scan + Small Screen Size

TravelMate

Hi

This is my first post here.

Lately, I have been evaluating BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2016 and Emsisoft Antimalware and, now, IObit Malware Fighter 4 Pro.

There are are a few concerns which I would like to raise.

1) Regarding the USB Auto Scan feature. When I inserted my USB stick into my MS SP3 Pro it asked me whether to 'Scan' or to 'Open' the drive. BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2016 does an auto scan without asking me and that's fine for it did not scan my whole flash drive. I believe it did a a scan in areas which BitDefender feels that malwares would be hiding. In IObit's case is this possible? Otherwise imagine if I will to insert an external 1TB HDD/SSD what is going to happen if I press the 'Scan' button? Emsisoft does not auto scan but will scan based on-access.

2) Does Iobit Malware Fighter 4 Pro uses some kind of heuristics and/or behavior blocking in addition to just using virus/malware signatures for protection? What features uses the mentioned methods?

3) The letters/numbers in the pages of IObit Malware Fighter 4 Pro are just too small for my 2160x1440 MS SP3 Pro. I know this was raised before in one of your threads. I will be purchasing a 4K (3840x2140) screen laptop soon. You think IObit Malware Fighter 4 Pro will be suitable in my case? Please note that 3K and 4K computer screens are a norm nowadays.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for posting on IObit forum and sorry for the delayed reply.

1> If you are running the Pro version of IObit Malware Fighter with the USB Disc Guard enabled, it will automatically scan the root directory of your USB stick.If it detected a threat it will popup a message remind you. If it is safe, it will still recommend you to do a full scan of your disc as the attached screenshot shows.

2> We use both heuristics and behavior blocking or virus/malware signatures for protection,please go Settings->Protect->Protect Options->Enable DOG as the attached screenshot shows.

3> Sorry IObit Malware Fighter 4 does not support HD screen, now we are working to make the IObit Malware Fighter 5 support that in the future. Please kindly stay tuned.

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to let us know.

Have a nice weekend!

Archived