IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Firefox and Chrome start page reset

Just recently I found that my chosen Firefox start page had changed - from My Ebay to some chat line page. Inevitably I believed that I'd picked up a virus so I had my PC checked thoroughly (and expensively) but it was found to be clean anyway. I was then told that I needed to create a new profile for Firefox, which I did, deleting my old profile.

But today I've found that the changes have happened to my Chrome browser too and I'm totally unable to find out how to get rid of the changes, despite trying everything that I'd done for Firefox.

And then I read somewhere that IObit Malware Fighter was the cause - or at least someone had blamed it - so I wondered if you might be able to help.

Any suggestions or information would be appreciated.

Hello Souwesterly. Welcome to IObit forums.

I really doubt that IObit software was the cause. Often it`s caused by downloading some software with "online installer" and forgetting to uncheck the box that says that you agree to install some other application besides the one that you want to install.

Have you tried running some registry cleaning utility or advanced uninstaller?

Cheers vbsmile.png

Archived