Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMF.exe error

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IMF.exe error

    Hello,

    I am looking for some help with an issue that I have.

    I have been using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) for a number of years now. I have never encountered any problems with using it.

    I have also been using Advanced SystemCare Free for the past couple of months. So far, I really like it, and I have had no problems with it either.

    A couple of days ago, however, I downloaded IObit Malware Fighter (IMF). It was after I downloaded IMF that I started experiencing problems in launching and updating MBAM.

    Every time I attempt to either launch or update MBAM, an error box appears notifying me of an "IMF.exe" error and then MBAM freezes.

    I do not understand why this would happen. An IMF.exe error sounds like it obviously has something to do with IObit Malware Fighter. It has nothing to do with the operation of Malwarebytes, so it does not make any sense that it should appear when trying to launch Malwarebytes.

    Can somebody please explain this, and tell me why this is occurring. That is what I want to know most of all (i.e., what is causing this?).

    I would also like to know how this can be fixed, and if this is a known issue.

    I have attached a screen-shot showing the IMF.exe error that appears every time I try and attempt to launch or update MBAM.

    I would also like to mention that none of the guards are activated on IObit Malware Fighter. They are all disabled. I am using it as an on-demand scanner only.

    Thank you.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Hi JohnnySokko
    Would you please inform us what settings you have in primarily IMF.
    For example if you have the option ticked that make it startup at Windows startup.
    Cheers
    solbjerg

    Originally posted by JohnnySokko View Post
    Hello,

    I am looking for some help with an issue that I have.

    I have been using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) for a number of years now. I have never encountered any problems with using it.

    I have also been using Advanced SystemCare Free for the past couple of months. So far, I really like it, and I have had no problems with it either.

    A couple of days ago, however, I downloaded IObit Malware Fighter (IMF). It was after I downloaded IMF that I started experiencing problems in launching and updating MBAM.

    Every time I attempt to either launch or update MBAM, an error box appears notifying me of an "IMF.exe" error and then MBAM freezes.

    I do not understand why this would happen. An IMF.exe error sounds like it obviously has something to do with IObit Malware Fighter. It has nothing to do with the operation of Malwarebytes, so it does not make any sense that it should appear when trying to launch Malwarebytes.

    Can somebody please explain this, and tell me why this is occurring. That is what I want to know most of all (i.e., what is causing this?).

    I would also like to know how this can be fixed, and if this is a known issue.

    I have attached a screen-shot showing the IMF.exe error that appears every time I try and attempt to launch or update MBAM.

    I would also like to mention that none of the guards are activated on IObit Malware Fighter. They are all disabled. I am using it as an on-demand scanner only.

    Thank you.
    太阳山 (solbjerg)
    Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
    (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
    Itemized subjects Table of content
    In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
    Clean Install concept Clean Install
    Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

    Comment


    • #3
      Hello Solbjerg,

      Thank you for the reply. I hope we can get this figured out. :)

      It has taken me awhile to respond because shortly after I wrote to the forum about this issue, I uninstalled I0bit Malware Fighter (IMF), and I was not able to answer your question about what the settings were since it was then uninstalled.

      Just to let you know, after I uninstalled IMF, I had no problem updating Malwarebytes (just as I had no problem before installing IMF). It worked fine after the program was removed - just as it worked fine before I installed the program.

      Today, I reinstalled IMF. I was hoping that I would have better luck this time. It was my hope that my prior issue was simply some type of glitch. However, it wasn't. It happened again. As soon as IMF was installed, I tried updating Malwarebytes, and the same exact thing happened again. I received the same error message as before (that I provided the screen-shot of in my prior post), and everything froze up.

      As far as your question goes, I have all of IMF's settings set to their default values. I checked, and, yes, it is set to execute at Windows startup - as that is the default setting. And, by the way, all of the guards (cookie guards, etc.) are all clicked off.

      If you need any other information from me to figure this out, please let me know. I will get back to you right away.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi JohnnySokko
        Firstly it could possibly be that you should try not to have it open with Windows. Please try that next time you want to update MBAM.
        Secondly it might be that it is MBAM that have a setting that makes it incompatible with IMF.
        Cheers
        solbjerg


        Originally posted by JohnnySokko View Post
        Hello Solbjerg,

        Thank you for the reply. I hope we can get this figured out. :)

        It has taken me awhile to respond because shortly after I wrote to the forum about this issue, I uninstalled I0bit Malware Fighter (IMF), and I was not able to answer your question about what the settings were since it was then uninstalled.

        Just to let you know, after I uninstalled IMF, I had no problem updating Malwarebytes (just as I had no problem before installing IMF). It worked fine after the program was removed - just as it worked fine before I installed the program.

        Today, I reinstalled IMF. I was hoping that I would have better luck this time. It was my hope that my prior issue was simply some type of glitch. However, it wasn't. It happened again. As soon as IMF was installed, I tried updating Malwarebytes, and the same exact thing happened again. I received the same error message as before (that I provided the screen-shot of in my prior post), and everything froze up.

        As far as your question goes, I have all of IMF's settings set to their default values. I checked, and, yes, it is set to execute at Windows startup - as that is the default setting. And, by the way, all of the guards (cookie guards, etc.) are all clicked off.

        If you need any other information from me to figure this out, please let me know. I will get back to you right away.
        太阳山 (solbjerg)
        Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
        (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
        Itemized subjects Table of content
        In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
        Clean Install concept Clean Install
        Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

        Comment


        • #5
          Can we confirm that the setup file version for IMF is the updated one 1.1.1.4 downloadable from IMF IObit Malware Fighter 1.11 available! [Updated] .

          I had the same problem for updating MBAM, but it is OK now.

          Cheers.
          enoskype

          - Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

          Comment


          • #6
            enoskype,

            Thank you for responding.

            I am sorry, but I am a little confused by your answer. I am not sure exactly what you mean by the "setup file." I am assuming that you are not referring to the actual version of IMF that is installed but to something else. I am not sure exactly where I would find that and how that is different than the program version.

            Please explain. How do I determine what my current setup file version is, and how is that different than the program version?

            Comment


            • #7
              The setup file is the file you download for installaation of IMF. ie imf-setup.exe

              Please hover over IMF setup file or right click on the file to see the properties. The version is written there.

              I have given the download link for imf-setup.exe (v 1.1.1.4) which installs executable IMF.exe (v 1.1.1.2) in my previous post as IMF IObit Malware Fighter 1.11 available! [Updated] .

              Since I had the same problem and the problem is solved after my installation of v 1.1.1.4, you can try to see if it solves that glitch.

              Cheers.
              enoskype

              - Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

              Comment


              • #8
                Hello solbjerg,

                I tried your suggestion, and it doesn't seem to matter either way. Whether Windows is open or closed, it doesn't make a difference. I still cannot update MBAM as long as IMF is present.

                I appreciate the suggestion and the attempt at trying to help, but, honestly, it shouldn't matter whether Windows is open or closed. Right? To suggest that it does also suggests a bug in IMF. Is that correct, or am I mistaken?

                Regarding your second suggestion, which was "it might be that it is MBAM that have a setting that makes it incompatible with IMF," I have a few comments of my own that I would like to make regarding your comment.

                1.) I find this a little hard to believe. MBAM is known for working very well with other programs. I don't think the problem, honestly, is on their end.

                Furthermore, MBAM is an extremely popular program and has been around much longer than IMF. In fact, at least in the US, I would say that MBAM is one of the most popular and trusted secondary scanners around. It should be in IObit's interest to ensure that its program (i.e., Malware Fighter) works alongside MBAM and not the other way around. I say this because MBAM is a very established product and IMF is not at that point quite yet. If IMF doesn't work well in conjunction with other programs that people have been happily using for a long time, such as MBAM, then people will simply remove the IMF and not give it a second thought. I hope you understand what I am saying.

                I mean absolutely no disrespect at all, and I appreciate all of your help, but, in a way, it sounds as though you might be "passing the buck" slightly. This really is more of an IObit problem than a MBAM problem. Don't you think?

                2.) I still don't understand how trying to update MBAM is able to cause an IMF.exe error to occur that stops MBAM from being able to update. If IMF is closed, how could trying to update MBAM cause an IMF.exe error to occur? It doesn't make sense.

                I don't think I mentioned this before, but I would like to clarify that I am using the free version of MBAM. This means that there is no real-time protection enabled. The program is not running, in any way, unless I activate it to scan.

                IMF is not running either unless I activate it to scan, at least as far as I am aware, since all of its protection options are disabled. This means that the programs should get along very nicely with each other with no conflicts, so how can trying to update MBAM cause IMF to issue an IMF.exe error which causes MBAM to freeze up and prevent the update? It makes no sense to me.

                I really hope this can be figured out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi JohnnySokko

                  I am not passing any bucks - simply trying to enumerate what could possibly be wrong.
                  I suppose you have followed enoskype's suggestion. If you haven't please try that, - as enoskype says - it worked for him.
                  Cheers
                  solbjerg
                  p.s. MBAM was released in 2008, IS360 (the forerunner of IMF) a year later.


                  Originally posted by JohnnySokko View Post
                  Hello solbjerg,

                  I tried your suggestion, and it doesn't seem to matter either way. Whether Windows is open or closed, it doesn't make a difference. I still cannot update MBAM as long as IMF is present.

                  I appreciate the suggestion and the attempt at trying to help, but, honestly, it shouldn't matter whether Windows is open or closed. Right? To suggest that it does also suggests a bug in IMF. Is that correct, or am I mistaken?

                  Regarding your second suggestion, which was "it might be that it is MBAM that have a setting that makes it incompatible with IMF," I have a few comments of my own that I would like to make regarding your comment.

                  1.) I find this a little hard to believe. MBAM is known for working very well with other programs. I don't think the problem, honestly, is on their end.

                  Furthermore, MBAM is an extremely popular program and has been around much longer than IMF. In fact, at least in the US, I would say that MBAM is one of the most popular and trusted secondary scanners around. It should be in IObit's interest to ensure that its program (i.e., Malware Fighter) works alongside MBAM and not the other way around. I say this because MBAM is a very established product and IMF is not at that point quite yet. If IMF doesn't work well in conjunction with other programs that people have been happily using for a long time, such as MBAM, then people will simply remove the IMF and not give it a second thought. I hope you understand what I am saying.

                  I mean absolutely no disrespect at all, and I appreciate all of your help, but, in a way, it sounds as though you might be "passing the buck" slightly. This really is more of an IObit problem than a MBAM problem. Don't you think?

                  2.) I still don't understand how trying to update MBAM is able to cause an IMF.exe error to occur that stops MBAM from being able to update. If IMF is closed, how could trying to update MBAM cause an IMF.exe error to occur? It doesn't make sense.

                  I don't think I mentioned this before, but I would like to clarify that I am using the free version of MBAM. This means that there is no real-time protection enabled. The program is not running, in any way, unless I activate it to scan.

                  IMF is not running either unless I activate it to scan, at least as far as I am aware, since all of its protection options are disabled. This means that the programs should get along very nicely with each other with no conflicts, so how can trying to update MBAM cause IMF to issue an IMF.exe error which causes MBAM to freeze up and prevent the update? It makes no sense to me.

                  I really hope this can be figured out.
                  太阳山 (solbjerg)
                  Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
                  (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
                  Itemized subjects Table of content
                  In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
                  Clean Install concept Clean Install
                  Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X