IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Default Search Engine Setting in Chrome

ScottS

I am running Chrome browser and desirous of using Google as the default search engine. However I believe the iobit app changes the default to Yahoo. Where do I change this inside of iobit so that it will protect and keep Google as my default serach engine inside of Chrome?

I am running Chrome browser and desirous of using Google as the default search engine. However I believe the iobit app changes the default to Yahoo. Where do I change this inside of iobit so that it will protect and keep Google as my default serach engine inside of Chrome?

I am using Firefox with Google as my default search engine. When I try and switch the default search in Firefox to say Bing or Yahoo then IMF pops up and says something to the effect. "This could be a hijacking. Do you want to approve this change?"

If I recall correctly IMF has done the same thing when I have wanted to change my "Start Up" page in Firefox.

I have just clicked yes to allow when I wanted to allow it and the change was made. I don't recall if I got a similar pop-up message when I tried to manually return to the default, Search or Start-Up page.

Hi ScottS

If you accepted to install Yahoo during the install you probably also accepted to use it as your default browser.

If you don't want it just uninstall it.

As for choosing Google as your default browser there are several ways to do that - but try first in the control panel and choose Internet setting and the tab General - Insert the Google address as the default browser

http://www.google.com and perhaps delete the rest of the possibilities you have if you want.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for your input but I am not any closer to the solution to this issue.:-(

Archived