IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

PLEASE help! About to ditch IMF

Maybe my posts haven't been clear enough, but I need an answer PLEASE.

The last 4 mornings after re-boot, the IMF page pops up with a trail of green running through a white tube under which reads: RETRIEVING UPDATE INFORMATION, please wait... (Please do not ask for a snap shot; cannot do that.)

1. Once the IMF page is up, it PROHIBITS -as in INACTIVATES- any access to the Internet via Explorer or AOL.

2. It has run for as long as 1 hour and 40 minutes before I have cancelled the page or simply X'ed the page out. The page disappears, but something is running in the background like an excited bat out of the gate.

IS THIS NORMAL?

HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE TO "UPDATE"?

3. In order to restore access the internet, the DSL modem has to be redone to replace the PPP0 from "Failed" to "Pass" -- and that only works IF I can Exit the IMF icon in Start-Up fast enough to prevent it from running at all.

Writer JC

Intel, Celeron CPU 2.93 GHz

XP Home SP3 32 bit

2.93 GHz, 960 MB RAM

DSL AT&T

IE (latest version)

Windows Essentials

IObit Malware Fighter PRO 1.7

IObit ASC 6.0 PRO

Auslogics Disk Defrag and Boost Speed

Ccleaner

Foxit Reader

Hi WriterJC,

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you try the suggestion by scrd01? If you did, does the issue happen again?

Besides, if you failed to update the database of your IMF, you can download the latest offline database from http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=90532#post90532

If the above methods can not help you, please take pictures about the issue and send them to us to help look into it.

Thanks for supporting IObit.

Archived