IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Malware Fighter 1.0 Beta

zer0ne

IObit Malware Fighter 1.0 Beta

http://www.softpedia.com/screenshots/IObit-Malware-Fighter_4.png

The IObit Malware Fighter application was developed to be an advanced malware removal tool that will allow you to detect, remove and block unwanted applications.

Here are some key features of "IObit Malware Fighter":

· Startup Guard

· Process Guard

· Network Guard

· File Guard

· Cookie Guard

· Browser Guard

· USB Disk Guard

· Malicious Action Guard

What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]

· Driver-level scan/remove/protection technology to fight the most stubborn malware while to make sure we do not lag your PC

· More protection from various malware

· New interface

· A simple cloud function

Download

http://download1us.softpedia.com/dl/00614ee4b1e8b60b92cabc6d73007a79/4d18d700/100177820/software/antivirus/imf-setup-beta10.exe

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi friends :wink:

I have been using Security 360 since the first beta, I was subjected in 2009 to acrid rumour and the tempest which followed... I continued, by fidelity, updates and scans with my PRO version..

I tested new Beta and I am agreeably surprised by design, but where is novelty? there is so much similarity with IS360...

I hope that the entrails of Malware Fighter have what to make forget , completly, what took place in 2009!

Thank you IOBIT team, good work at the end of this year! ;-)

best regards

I have 2 main things I'd like to talk about in public.

First off, before I get to those, I'd like to express my thanks and gratitude to the devs of all Iobit products. I've been following and using most of your products since their inception, and have had little or no problems at all.

Nowthen, the 2 things that are my main concerns:

1) With almost ALL of the devs I do beta testing for, I get a 1 year license for the product that I'm testing. This license is bound to 1 computer/user and can't be uploaded or used by anyone else.

Getting something for my help seems deserved - it's ME that's putting my systems at risk with undeveloped software so that the end product can be everything it's supposed to be.

So with that, is there going to be any compensation to us Beta Testers and loyal customers for testing this product? It would benefit everyone involved if you could give away a few licenses for our troubles.

2) This product MUST be ported to a PORTABLE APP. Even if this is 360's replacement, it's not going to do any Computer Techs any good if they try to use this on a machine that won't boot into Windows.

I can make any program portable, but it's not my place, especially considering I don't even have a license for it. But consider this: IF this program is meant to go up against MBAM, SAS and others like it, it absolutely MUST have a portable version that can be used from within a PE environment or via command-line even from the XP/Vista/7 Recovery Disk(s).

As for the program itself, I like the new GUI, it's very easy to follow, easy to set up, I like the idea of a cloud to double-check, and the DOG is very functional. I just put it through it's paces in a VM in which I transferred several known infections - and IMF did it's job wonderfully.

Updates and Scans need a way to schedule independently of program startup/manual scans, but if the overall theme here is "NON-Active Scanner", then at least let us have scheduled updates that we can configure ourselves.

So far, nothing negative to report - no false positives as of yet, nothing else is broken, and everything is working as it's supposed to be.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to try out yet another new product. But, I still say that a few of us Beta Testers should get a 1 year license for free for our troubles...

Psychlone

Iobit Malware Fighter 1.0 Beta has a nice interface, but I cannot find any instructions to define precisely what each function is doing.

"Real-time Protection" apparently is intended to premptively block threats in each of the various categories, but precisely what is being blocked? For example, which cookies are being blocked? With Iobit 360, we can see which cookies are blacklisted. What is being done with IMF? Perhaps you are blocking a cookie that I do not wish to have blocked -- how would I know?

Similarly, Cloud Security appears to be similar to VirusTotal. However, what is the green/red bar? My IMF "scan" shows my PC to be clean. However, green/red scan bar on Cloud Security shows 528 "safe files" and 44 "threats". Where/what are these "threats"? Clicking on the red section opens the same cloud scanner as the "Upload File to Cloud" button. From that point your are supposed to download a file to the cloud, but where/what are the 44 identified "threats". I thought they might be stored in the IMF Program Files (x86), but I could find nothing there. I downloaded the .db files in the quaratine zone, but the 1KB file timed-out at 25%.

One reason I have liked Iobit products is they have always specified the problems they have found and allowed the user to accept or reject each corrective action recommended. I hope IMF is not just another "black box" utility that makes "one-click", but undefined changes to your system.:?:

Working great as expected!

My daughter opened a false link which severely corrupted my system and not even SpyBot could remove all of the malicious files. All of my email contacts were stolen and sent false links and the internet often opened false sites nearly identical to the ones we were trying to access. :x

See attached notepad for an example of what was found.

I can no longer find any traces of active third party software and the system runs great. Now I can get my passwords all changed!

Thanks for a great product once again! Hope to see a portable copy!

Example.txt

Startup

I ask this question on another thread but didn't receive an answer. My OS is Windows XP Home SP3. I have installed IMF two or three times. It shows up in msconfig but does not start up when computer is booted. Have you had this trouble or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Joseph

Archived