Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did IMF found trojans, adware and malware but ignores them ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did IMF found trojans, adware and malware but ignores them ?

It looks like Malware Fighter found several threats on my system, but just scans them and pass them ? Or is this a wrong interpretation ?

Thanks.

Last edited by Linkmi.net; Feb. 16th, 2011, 17:42.

Hi Linkmi
    I think you misunderstand what is going on --
    When it shows Scan Object: it would have been more correct to write Scan for Object: - while this is what is going on :)
    Cheers
    solbjerg

Originally posted by Linkmi.net View Post
    It looks like Malware Fighter found several threats on my system, but just scans them and pass them ? Or is this a wrong interpretation ?

Thanks.

太阳山 (solbjerg)
    Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
    (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
    Itemized subjects Table of content
    In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
    Clean Install concept Clean Install
    Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

Originally posted by solbjerg View Post
      Hi Linkmi
      I think you misunderstand what is going on --
      When it shows Scan Object: it would have been more correct to write Scan for Object: - while this is what is going on :)
      Cheers
      solbjerg

Hi there, so I the beginning of the scan process it is scanning objects, at the end of the process it it scanning for objects, that's why it's a bit confusing.

Perhaps with a later update the text can show what's the current action of the scan process.

Cheers ;)

Comment

Hi Linkmi
        The scanning works primarily by checking if there are any malware in the computer by comparing the files to a list of known malware - this is the list that are updated often during updates (.def).
        If one has selected to scan heuristically too (high security or recommended security) it will find the files that exhibit suspicious behaviour according to the parameters in the program.
        Therefore I think that Scan for Objects ought to be sufficient to make it understandable
        At least I figured out what must be going on when I was confused like you and some others when I first saw it.
        Cheers
        solbjerg

Originally posted by Linkmi.net View Post
        Hi there, so I the beginning of the scan process it is scanning objects, at the end of the process it it scanning for objects, that's why it's a bit confusing.

Perhaps with a later update the text can show what's the current action of the scan process.

Cheers ;)
        太阳山 (solbjerg)
        Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
        (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
        Itemized subjects Table of content
        In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
        Clean Install concept Clean Install
        Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

Working...
        X