IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Security 360 Offline Database

IObit Guy

• 3 months later...

Hello to everyone. I am a reporter in the local area, and frequent this site to find out what is going on in SoWal. This is a great tool to use, it helps me to keep up with what concerns the residents here. If you have anything specific you would like me to know, feel free to send me a message.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi IObit Team,

What happened to the IObit Security 360 Offline Database ?

It is last updated on 27th November, 2009, and since then there is no update available in the exclusive download location Major Geeks.

Please give information about the future of this package.

Thanks and cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gary!

What does this do for me??.

If you are updating through internet by online without any problems, THIS DOES NOT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU.

If I'm off line ,why do I need malware protection??

Don't you use USB sticks, CD, DVD? :mrgreen:

Cheers.

Hi friend!!

If you are updating through internet by online without any problems, THIS DOES NOT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU.

Don't you use USB sticks, CD, DVD? :mrgreen:

Cheers.

Hi friend!! The light just turned on. You know some times I'm a little slow to catch on. Thanks friend. I hope I'm not out of line with my post:oops: " (Don't you use USB sticks, CD, DVD?)":idea:

Hi friend!! I hope I'm not out of line with my post

No not a bit Gary,:wink:

Thank you for asking. I also forgot another reason for offline database downloads.

It gives the chance to the user to download the latest database if there is a problem with the servers of the software supplier.

So, Anti-Virus and anti-Malware companies use this method for an extra care for the users.

Cheers.

Another use ?

Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't the following another use:

If a Virus/Malware has snuck onto the computer it might attempt to stop the ant-virus/malware software that is installed on the computer from updating.

In this case it might be possible to download the Definitions database as you would a normal file and then copy/move it to the anti-virus/malware database folder.

Hopefully you can then do a scan and the virus/malware will be identified and dealt with.

All the best, woz of oz

HI friends. Thanks. I'm smarter now!!

Hi friends!! I'm learning all the time. I'm glad I asked my dumb question. I'm much smarter now, and hope I have helped others like myself. Thanks friends.:idea: PS All members do not be afraid to ask questions on this forum, even if you think they are dumb. I'm not afraid to ask. We have some great members that can answer the easy and the hard questions. I love this forum.

• 3 months later...

this is a very nice service provided ,and it allows me to up date no need to link

the other reason is my systems cant link unless i use a pro-pa IP and NOT a proxy. system.

this saves me a lot of worry trying to fix it. so i thank the iobit service for this.

ability to keep updated.

now my ask is this the program PRO, tells me its 300 day behind? yet i have the latest data and version .

perhaps its because its not linking?

i just upgraded the version to the one i have now and over installed it

of the one i had..its still pro.but like i said i cant link..i even turned of the sever (proxy) still get the same) TRY LATER

itsmejjj

itsmejjj

jjj, the only reason I can think of is your internet connection adjustment.

What is pro-pa IP?

When you open the Addition.def file, on the top left, do you see the similar bold writing as below?

[Main]

Version=1608

Date=06/16/10

FP=155581

CoreVer=19

Cheers.

EDIT: Here, today's def file is attached for you to try.

Addition.zip

[Main]

Version=1608

Date=06/16/10

FP=155581

CoreVer=19

this is what i see

yet my shot shows no update defaniotion.

--prop-pa ip .i mean the sever provided one.and still get the sorry try later.

scratch my head. look its not important as it works fine..but looks not nice..

i did set it for the localhost port 8118 but still nothing.i know i must be up for renewal .or close any how.but cant validate to be sure. i think i still have 5 or 6 weeks left..

now if you are wondering as to the long time update

i reinstalled my OS (BETA) and installed the first version of IOBIT i saw on the store drive, not looking at it .then put in my ser number turned it to pro.

saw it was a old copy installed the latest one i had over it.then relished there was a newer one,

installed that over it as well and now have the latest 360 i hope..

itsmejjj

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Where is the weekly database update?

Hi IObit Team,

Where is the weekly database update?

18+7=25

Today is the 27th of August, last update pack was on 18th of August!!!

It is already 2 days overdue, and the day is Friday if not Saturday in China. :lol:

Cheers.

• 4 months later...