IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SpyHunter 4 pop-up warning

kbtoby

I'm constantly getting a warning message......

Your DNS settings have been modified. Accept changes or restore original saved settings.

I accepted once and lost all wireless connections and had to use backup.

Any ideas on what its all about ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi kbtoby! Welcome to the Iobit forums!

This is probably a bug in SpyHunter. Did you know that at one time SpyHunter was listed as Malware itself? Today it is considered a mediocre product at best. Just google it and read about it.

I would recommend you get rid of it and use more reputable and effective tools!:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

[Edit: I have moved your thread here kbtoby as the Malware removal section is for those getting specialized assistance and is closed to most members. I have sent you a PM notifying you of the new location]

Hi kbtoby

The DNS services is located in services.msc and can be configured there to start automatically or manually or deactivated. As you have problems here you should try to use the automatic setting.

In ASC settings under Junk cleaning you must then untick the DNS setting if you have it ticked here in both quick care and deep care. And possibly check the "problems" in the scanning results to see if it has been chosen as a "problem" - if it has you should place it in the Ignore list by right clicking this item and choosing Ignore.

The same procedure goes for the other program you are utilizing.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm constantly getting a warning message......

Your DNS settings have been modified. Accept changes or restore original saved settings.

I accepted once and lost all wireless connections and had to use backup.

Any ideas on what its all about ?

Thanks in advance !

• 4 years later...

If this is considered malware, why is it being offered to be installed with Smart Defrag? I just got notice to update, so I come to iobit website, download, and then install. While installing, it asked me if I wanted to install Spy Hunter 4. I was curious, why opffer Spy hunter when you already have the Malware fighter, so I searched google. It brought me here to this post.

Curious. Maybe stop offering to install it on people's system... especially if it's considered Malware. You'll give yourself a BAD name. I'm a long time user and supporter of IObit, but stuff like this worries me.

Hi kbtoby! Welcome to the Iobit forums!

This is probably a bug in SpyHunter. Did you know that at one time SpyHunter was listed as Malware itself? Today it is considered a mediocre product at best. Just google it and read about it.

I would recommend you get rid of it and use more reputable and effective tools!:-D

• 1 year later...

Hello kbtoby, as solbjerg mentioned dns is a service and it can be found in services.msc. You can configure it manually and clean old logs...

As for Spyhunter, I think it is not a malware, but as Raejyn said what is the point of it when you have malware fighter.

Cheers vbsmile.png

Archived