IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ESET NOD32 AV 5 or ASCU 6?

Hi all, I have a netbook with installed eset nod32 antivirus 5, works well and is lightweight. But since it was launched, I was attracted by ASCU 6. I would like to replace my nod32 with ASCU, what do you think? and the right choice? ASCU can run smoothly on netbooks? and most importantly, what is the best, ASCU or ESET NOD 32 AV 5?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Evil_Shocker

I am afraid there is no Yes or No answer to your question. Both AV's are excellent, but ASCU has an advantage of the extra features such as the ststem optimising/cleanup tools and features and Malware removal.

However, it is like choosing a wife/husband...you have to test it yourself and decide which one you are most comfortable with.

If you google various AV comparison sites and check out various forums related to AV's, it may help you to decide.

Thanks for reply. Possible to know if the two anti virus can live together with the compatibility mode of ASCU?

"Experts recommend that have only one AV software in the PC"

But ASCU has a compatible mode, if not mistaken, similar to that of Avast, in this mode disable real-time protection of ASCU, allowing only one of the two AV software to monitor the PC from threats.

And fair?

Yes, to the best of my knowledge there should be no problem with compatibility mode, but as you say it will disable realtime protection. You may decide that this suits you, and have one running realtime protection and then run the other once in a while as a double check.

I run one AV and one Malware Program with realtime protection, and of course I have ASC for all the performance and cleaning jobs.

But as I said previously, this whole AV program chooosing is a very personal matter and requires research and testing until you find the ones you are happy with.

Some people choose ASC Ultimate because it has everything in one package and the feedback is very positive.

I wish you well whatever choice you make.

As what they always say, "Don't fix/replace it if it's not broken". I would stronly suggest to stick with ESET for now since it has been working for you. Security softwares nowadays are virtually the same, they just different a lot in user presentation. icon_smile.gif

• 4 years later...

Hi all.

Well if you are satisfied with ESET NOD than you should probably stick with it, but in that case you can combine it with ASCPRO instead ASCU.

You will gain a system cleaning/optimization features and there will be no conflicts since PRO do not contain an AV engine in it.

Cheers! :-)

• 2 years later...
Yes, to the best of my knowledge there should be no problem with compatibility mode, but as you say it will disable realtime protection. You may decide that this suits you, and have one running realtime protection and then run the other once in a while as a double check.

I run one AV and one Malware Program with realtime protection, and of course I have ASC for all the performance and cleaning jobs.

But as I said previously, this whole AV program chooosing is a very personal matter and requires research and testing until you find the ones you are happy with.

Some people choose ASC Ultimate because it has everything in one package and the feedback is very positive.

and the right choice? ASCU can run smoothly on netbooks? and most importantly, what is the best, ASCU or ESET NOD 32 AV 5?

and the right choice? ASCU can run smoothly on netbooks? and most importantly, what is the best, ASCU or ESET NOD 32 AV 5?

As I have previously stated....and which you quoted.....You are the only person who can decide which is best.