IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Send Your Feedback for IObit Software Updater v1

Cicely

Hi All,

IObit Software Updater v1 final version is released. Check it out and enjoy the new features now.

1. Download Now

Download from Softonic

2. Send your Feedback

- E-mail us your suggestions or comments directly: beta-feedback@iobit.com

- Join the discussion on our forums.

3. Share Software Updater with your families, friends, and colleagues

4. What's New:

+ 1-Click to update all outdated programs quickly and securely.

+ 1-Click to install the must-have programs without any ads or bundleware.

+ Notify you once there is an update for your installed programs.

+ Guarantee secure update by automatically creating a system restore point before installing any program.

+ Support updating outdated programs at a scheduled time.

+ Support 32 languages.

+ Fixed all known bugs in Beta.

5. Description:

IObit Software Updater is an ad-free and light freeware, which helps you update all outdated programs with just 1-click and install all popular must-have programs easily.

The 1-click update solution frees you from updating outdated programs one by one from different sources or websites, which can save you a lot of time and work. IObit Software Updater enables you to update programs automatically at a scheduled time and shut down/ reboot your computer automatically after the update is completed. Besides, IObit Software Updater provides a large software database for featured must-have software in various categories: Browsers, Security, Social, Multimedia, Runtimes, and Utilities & Tools. You can easily and quickly install all selected software with 1-click without worrying about annoying ads and/or bundleware, even malware. It must be your best choice when you need to install many programs, especially when you get a new computer or after you reinstall, format, or upgrade your computer.

To sum up, IObit Software Updater is a convenient and practical utility for your computer whenever you want to update or install software.

• 1 month later...
Hello! I´m using IO Bit Uninstaller 8.0.2.19 It made updater in sw but still sending message that my sw are not updated.!!!! How can I cancell these??

Hi liege, sorry for the late reply.

If you are still facing this issue, please submit your feedback in IObit Uninstaller. And please provide the version information and a screenshot of IObit Uninstaller's notification. So we can further investigate it.

Thank you.

Hello.

Something similar to the program "Sumo"?

KC software

https: //www.kcsoftwares.com/?sumo

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

It is similar to the program you mentioned. And IObit Software Updater is a Free product.

Hope you can enjoy it.

Thank you.

Hello.

Efficiency is difficult to determine due to the small number of supported programs. Hopefully support will be expanded, thanks for the release.

Hi Black Raven,

Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback has been recorded. We will keep improving the programs to support more software.

Thank you for your support.

• 5 weeks later...

Greetings! First and foremost, THANK YOU!!! Glary has been trying to ransom features in their software updater since Secunia PSI shut down their service. I've felt like strangling them for like a year now. Incidentally, I helped BOTH original developers set up both of their original products a long long time ago.

The first thing that you're going to want to do is categorize your list. You want to categorize to make it easier on the end user, not necessarily to the industry standards. The list on Secunia did this better, but I can't even find a pic of their software download list, so you'll have to use the category list on Glary as a model.. even though it sucks. The list structure itself was my concept, and everything I do is open source, so don't let anybody try to tell you that the list structure is copyrighted or any such nonsense. I actually think the term was 'public domain' when we put the original lists together.

So, speaking of open source, your candidate list should always be weighted to prefer reputable (for at least a year, preferably two) open source software, running down the list of public licenses. You would want to pull software out of the list that has been disreputable, or had feature breaking bugs for 6 months to a year, running.

Specifically, I would recommend pulling Avira and adding Avast and/or AVG. I KNOW Avira has had feature breaking bugs with restoring false positives for over a year. I never quite figured out why everybody was so upset with Avast and AVG, unless it was JUST because they mergered.

I would drop Firefox and add either Pale Moon or Waterfox. I personally prefer SeaMonkey, but I don't think that they have a current 64 bit release.

I would drop Opera and Chrome and add Brave.

There is a plethora of other software that you SHOULD add to your list, but not before you categorize the list. It's already a bit confusing. I think you could fill out your offerings using either the list of apps on portableapps.com or this one: majorgeeks.com/files/details/opensource_dvd.html

One more thing, I'm not sure why they moved everything to completely unattended installs. Unattended installs are great, except that in any suite or program that offers unique options to be installed, the end user SHOULD get the option to pick which ones are installed. I would default to letting people pick options on software where it's useful to do so, and everything else can be an unattended install. If you WANT to invest the time making total unattended installs across the board, that would be a good 'pay only' option. ;)

Again, THANK YOU, SO much for offering this product. I actually found the OpenSource DVD thing at Major Geeks because of the lack of a suitable replacement. I've never given Sumo a fair rundown, because it was always buggy every time I tried it. I can't wait to send an email off to Glary telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine, because you folks have a superior solution. I would be MORE than happy to help you troubleshoot this software and bring it to market. Just kindly never do what Glary did, and break the app by making core functionality 'pay only'. ;)

sincerely,

- James Long

Hah! Not sure how I missed the sidebar pop-out thing for the categories before, but well done. :) Maybe make it hang there for a split second, or slow the animation down just a 10th of a second a frame or so?

More suggestions. Get rid of uTorrent and add Vuse and/or BiglyBT. Get rid of WhatsApp and add Signal.

You're missing some heavy hitters like LibreOffice, CCleaner, Audacity, Nmap, Foxit Reader, 7-Zip and a few other less well known titles. I suggest you get <- those ones added ASAP though. ;)

EDIT: and WinAmp

p.s. FYI, I was installing a handful of programs with Software Updater, and Uninstaller detected calibre as bundleware for RealVNC. I know, that's not your project. Uninstaller also detects programs installed from the browser as bundleware, so.. I'm not shocked, just wanted to inform you of the behavior. ;)

Yeah, hey, um.. I just installed Glary update to grab the major programs that I want that I listed above.. and it immediately detected an update to Thunderbird that Software Updater missed. :/

Also.. Uninstaller detected the Thunderbird update as bundleware. <facepalm>

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings! First and foremost, THANK YOU!!! Glary has been trying to ransom features in their software updater since Secunia PSI shut down their service. I've felt like strangling them for like a year now. Incidentally, I helped BOTH original developers set up both of their original products a long long time ago.

The first thing that you're going to want to do is categorize your list. You want to categorize to make it easier on the end user, not necessarily to the industry standards. The list on Secunia did this better, but I can't even find a pic of their software download list, so you'll have to use the category list on Glary as a model.. even though it sucks. The list structure itself was my concept, and everything I do is open source, so don't let anybody try to tell you that the list structure is copyrighted or any such nonsense. I actually think the term was 'public domain' when we put the original lists together.

So, speaking of open source, your candidate list should always be weighted to prefer reputable (for at least a year, preferably two) open source software, running down the list of public licenses. You would want to pull software out of the list that has been disreputable, or had feature breaking bugs for 6 months to a year, running.

Specifically, I would recommend pulling Avira and adding Avast and/or AVG. I KNOW Avira has had feature breaking bugs with restoring false positives for over a year. I never quite figured out why everybody was so upset with Avast and AVG, unless it was JUST because they mergered.

I would drop Firefox and add either Pale Moon or Waterfox. I personally prefer SeaMonkey, but I don't think that they have a current 64 bit release.

I would drop Opera and Chrome and add Brave.

There is a plethora of other software that you SHOULD add to your list, but not before you categorize the list. It's already a bit confusing. I think you could fill out your offerings using either the list of apps on portableapps.com or this one: majorgeeks.com/files/details/opensource_dvd.html

One more thing, I'm not sure why they moved everything to completely unattended installs. Unattended installs are great, except that in any suite or program that offers unique options to be installed, the end user SHOULD get the option to pick which ones are installed. I would default to letting people pick options on software where it's useful to do so, and everything else can be an unattended install. If you WANT to invest the time making total unattended installs across the board, that would be a good 'pay only' option. ;)

Again, THANK YOU, SO much for offering this product. I actually found the OpenSource DVD thing at Major Geeks because of the lack of a suitable replacement. I've never given Sumo a fair rundown, because it was always buggy every time I tried it. I can't wait to send an email off to Glary telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine, because you folks have a superior solution. I would be MORE than happy to help you troubleshoot this software and bring it to market. Just kindly never do what Glary did, and break the app by making core functionality 'pay only'. ;)

sincerely,

- James Long

Hi James, thank you for your feedback. We will keep working on enlarging our database to support more programs.

Your feedback about the categorize has been recorded, I will forward it to our team for further consideration. We will try out best to bring a better user experience.

Thank you for your support.

p.s. FYI, I was installing a handful of programs with Software Updater, and Uninstaller detected calibre as bundleware for RealVNC. I know, that's not your project. Uninstaller also detects programs installed from the browser as bundleware, so.. I'm not shocked, just wanted to inform you of the behavior. ;)

Hi James,

Thank you for your feedback. I'll forward this feedback to the IObit Uninstaller team for further investigateion.

p.p.s. (I'm on a roll here!) Also, As soon as they installed, Software Update detected that calibre, VLC Media Player and RealVNC all needed to be updated. :/ So.. 'A' for effort, but couldn't we have just installed the updated version to start with? ;)

p.p.s. (I'm on a roll here!) Also, As soon as they installed, Software Update detected that calibre, VLC Media Player and RealVNC all needed to be updated. :/ So.. 'A' for effort, but couldn't we have just installed the updated version to start with? ;)

Hi James,

Thank you for your feedback. We will do a further test, and I will let you know as soon as I get any progrss.

Thank you for your patience.

Hah! Not sure how I missed the sidebar pop-out thing for the categories before, but well done. :) Maybe make it hang there for a split second, or slow the animation down just a 10th of a second a frame or so?

More suggestions. Get rid of uTorrent and add Vuse and/or BiglyBT. Get rid of WhatsApp and add Signal.

You're missing some heavy hitters like LibreOffice, CCleaner, Audacity, Nmap, Foxit Reader, 7-Zip and a few other less well known titles. I suggest you get <- those ones added ASAP though. ;)

EDIT: and WinAmp

Thank you for your suggestion. The program names have been recorded, we will keep enlarging the database.

Hi James,

Thank you for your feedback. We will do a further test, and I will let you know as soon as I get any progrss.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi James

Please follow the steps below to help us further look into it.

1. Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/GetIObitConfigurationFile_isu.exe

2. Double click GetIObitConfigurationFile_isu to run it, click the button 'Save report to Desktop'

3. Wait for a while until you see a file su_logs_xxxxxxxx.log generated on your desktop.(xxxxxxxx should be the actual date when this file is generated.)

4. Send that file su_logs _xxxxxxxx.log to us at beta-feedback@iobit.com.

Thank you for your time.

After a fresh download of Software Updater, it still says that it's version 1.0.0.1161.. so, I guess I don't need to upload a new copy of the SUlog file?

Here's some more things I am noticing:

- IObit Uninstaller REFUSES to pin to the taskbar. If you pin it, it disappears.

- IObit Uninstaller thinks that FoxIt Reader is bundleware under Glary Software Update Pro.

- internet links (to updates) now open in the default browser.. AND Internet Explorer.

So whoever fixed my report about not opening links in the default browser, SUCCESS! Good Job! ..now you just need to delete the code that automatically opens every link in Internet Explorer. ;)

Ack! I grabbed the feedback perhaps three days ago and forgot to submit it! I ran an update since then so I'll submit the old version then the one with the new versions momentarily.

Sorry about that!

Hi James, there is no attachement in your email. Please check it and reply us in email.

Thank you.

After a fresh download of Software Updater, it still says that it's version 1.0.0.1161.. so, I guess I don't need to upload a new copy of the SUlog file?

Here's some more things I am noticing:

- IObit Uninstaller REFUSES to pin to the taskbar. If you pin it, it disappears.

- IObit Uninstaller thinks that FoxIt Reader is bundleware under Glary Software Update Pro.

- internet links (to updates) now open in the default browser.. AND Internet Explorer.

So whoever fixed my report about not opening links in the default browser, SUCCESS! Good Job! ..now you just need to delete the code that automatically opens every link in Internet Explorer. ;)

Hi James,

--To investigate the Pin issue, please follow the steps below to help us look into it:

1. Download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe

2. Double click GetIObitConfigurationFile.exe to run it, click the button 'Save report to Desktop'

3. Wait for a while until you see a file IU__logs_xxxxxxxx.log generated on your desktop.(xxxxxxxx should be the actual date when this file is generated.)

4. Send that file iu_logs_xxxxxxxx.log to us.

-- Please take a screenshot of IObit Uninstaller window that indicates FoxIt Reader and Glary Software Update Pro are bundleware and send to us.

-- Do you mean when you update programs through IObit Uninstaller, the website will be open in both your default browser and Internet Explorer? Please let us know more about it.

Thank you.

Woops, here's your screenshot. Note that this is on a different machine than the one I generated the log files for.

Yes. The original behavior was that all links opened from your software opened in Internet Explorer. This infuriated me, because on one of my machines, a military grade laptop, I went to great lengths to REMOVE Internet Explorer without breaking windows.

So, they have now added a function to open links in the default browser, however, now it is sending TWO requests to Windows, and opening each link in both the default browser AND Internet Explorer. :/