Send Your Feedback for IObit Software Updater v1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crogonint View Post
    So, why did you switch the download location from MajorGeeks to Softonic? The forum admin at MajorGeeks is a precocious jerk, but at least MajorGeeks doesn't try to force you to register, and bug you with notifications pop-ups and adware. I finally found a link on Softonic that let me download from http://update.iobit.com/dl/isu1/2019...etup-final.exe anyway.

The 'Check for Updates' button is deceptive, I would expect that button to check ALL of my software for updates. I recommend that you put a button on the page for the list of installed software which checks ALL software for updates. If Software Uninstaller has an update, list it FIRST on that page, and have it update itself first, then reboot and re-run the check.

I expect a 'Check for Updates' button for the package (Software Updater) on the 'About' screen. Somebody declared it a good practice for some reason, so if you MUST have a button for that function, I would put it there.

I had an update for JAVA hang at 75%, I cancelled the update, restarted the software, and now It is listed in the up-to-date section. I am attempting to re-run the update check, but I don't have a way to force it to check. I'm going to attempt to reboot my computer as soon as I submit this and see if that forces it to re-check. However, I shouldn't need to do that. I should just have a button to force a re-check.
    There appears to be a bug in the percentage bar which is reporting the installation percent complete. As I mentioned above, I had a hidden update install of Java 8 which Software Updater reported hung at 75%, so after a few minutes I cancelled the update. After restarting the computer, Software Updater is reporting that the update actually completed.

Should I uninstall and reinstall to be safe, or do we think that the update succeeded? I going to send an email to include an SU.... log file.

Please advise.

Hi James, we've also submitted IObit Software Updater to MajorGeeks.

Check for Updates will only check updates for IObit Software Updater.

When you open the IObit Software Updater window, it will automatically detect and provide the available updates for the programs on your computer.
    I've forwarded your suggestion to the team.

Based on the information from IObit Software Updater team, this is the design fo the program. You've updated 4 programs at once, and Java was the third on, after complete the updating process, the progress bar is still 75%. The rest 25% is for the 4th program.

Thank you for your understanding.
    IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Just an FYI, IObit Software Updater reports that everything is up to date. Glary Software Update Pro Reports that:
      Search Everything
      7-ZIP
      Ultra-ISO Premium
      Audacity
      FoxIt Reader
      LibreOffice (64bit)
      Quicktime
      TreeSize Free

All need to be updated. Again, I don't have access to your internal list, so I don't know what should be listed in IObit Software Updater and what shouldn't. I'm just reporting what I'm seeing.
      Hi James, thank you for your feedback. I've recorded it and will forward it to the IObit Software Updater team.
      We will keep adding more programs to our database. Thanks
      IObit Support Team --
      If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

First off, THANK YOU for all of your assistance Cicely, I can imagine that it's a full time job just trying to report new issues to your dev team without creating repeat requests. ;)

Second off, I sent off a slew of email responses to the dev team today. I don't know if you ever see those, but there are perhaps a half dozen of these issues that they are currently working on (at least).

Originally posted by Cicely View Post
        When you open the IObit Software Updater window, it will automatically detect and provide the available updates for the programs on your computer.
        I don't think that that is true. If you recall, the one developer (engineer) had me reboot the computer to force it to recheck for updates. I'm guessing that the software defaults to checking for updates once a day (at a specific time), except that it also checks on a reboot for new updates.

My point was that if this IS the default behavior, it should be changed. ESPECIALLY since one or more updates may get borked while Software Updater is trying to update multiple applications. Software Updater NEEDS a button to recheck for application updates on the update page. It would probably be smart to disable the button during the download / update process. However, it really is necessary to provide the function or the end-user is left wondering what succeeded and what failed. Of course, sometimes attempting to repeat-install a borked update can cause serious problems, so that's one more reason that you want to avoid confusing the end user.

To that end.. the default button in the menu is confusing. It should at the LEAST be renamed to indicate that it is a button to check if Software Updater needs to be updated. I recommend moving it entirely to its expected location, on the about screen, and simply listing Software Updater first on the update screen, if it does need an update. :)

Comment

First off, THANK YOU for all of your assistance Cicely, I can imagine that it's a full time job just trying to report new issues to your dev team without creating repeat requests. ;)

Second off, I sent off a slew of email responses to the dev team today. I don't know if you ever see those, but there are perhaps a half dozen of these issues that they are currently working on (at least).

I don't think that that is true. If you recall, the one developer (engineer) had me reboot the computer to force it to recheck for updates. I'm guessing that the software defaults to checking for updates once a day (at a specific time), except that it also checks on a reboot for new updates.

My point was that if this IS the default behavior, it should be changed. ESPECIALLY since one or more updates may get borked while Software Updater is trying to update multiple applications. Software Updater NEEDS a button to recheck for application updates on the update page. It would probably be smart to disable the button during the download / update process. However, it really is necessary to provide the function or the end-user is left wondering what succeeded and what failed. Of course, sometimes attempting to repeat-install a borked update can cause serious problems, so that's one more reason that you want to avoid confusing the end user.

To that end.. the default button in the menu is confusing. It should at the LEAST be renamed to indicate that it is a button to check if Software Updater needs to be updated. I recommend moving it entirely to its expected location, on the about screen, and simply listing Software Updater first on the update screen, if it does need an update. :)
          Hi James,

Thank you for your reply. Based on the email records, you've failed to updated GIMP due to insufficient memory. So we request you to reboot your computer and then update.

However, in the beta version, the database of IObit Software Updater isn't updated in real-time, some updates are missing sometimes when you open IObit Software Updater. We've changed this logic in the final version. And we will keep improving the feature of IObit Software Updater.
          Thank you for your support.
          IObit Support Team --

Comment

Excellent! Be sure to let me know when the next beta is released so that I can provide some more feedback. I assume that the software database for tracking updates isn't live yet?

Comment

Excellent! Be sure to let me know when the next beta is released so that I can provide some more feedback. I assume that the software database for tracking updates isn't live yet?
              Hi James, We will keep improving the features of IObit Software Updater.
              Thank you for your valuable feedback.

IObit Support Team --

Comment

Working...
              X