Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is UninstallMonitor.exe? How to disable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is UninstallMonitor.exe? How to disable?

I have IObit Uninstaller 6 (Free) v. 6.4.0.2116 installed with Windows XP Professional SP3. When I open Windows Task Manager, I see program "UninstallMonitor.exe" always running, even when IObit Uninstaller is not in use.
    (a) What is this UninstallMonitor ? What is its purpose? Is it really essential? Why must it be running even when IObit Uninstaller is not in use?
    (b) Can it be safely disabled? Can it at least be disabled during Windows Startup? What is the downside?

It is used to keep a record of when programs are installed on your pc, and what they install. When you run Uninstaller, this information is used by Uninstaller to remove the program and to run the Powerful Scan to remove any remnants or traces.
    It takes up very little space or memory, so I recommend you leave it as it is.
    To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

Comment

Originally posted by jmsmith88 View Post
      I have IObit Uninstaller 6 (Free) v. 6.4.0.2116 installed with Windows XP Professional SP3. When I open Windows Task Manager, I see program "UninstallMonitor.exe" always running, even when IObit Uninstaller is not in use.
      (a) What is this UninstallMonitor ? What is its purpose? Is it really essential? Why must it be running even when IObit Uninstaller is not in use?
      (b) Can it be safely disabled? Can it at least be disabled during Windows Startup? What is the downside?

Hi jmsmith88,

Thanks to Scannan.

UninstallMonitor.exe runs in the background, which helps you monitor uninstall operations from the third-party in real time and helps you to remove leftovers completely.

So it is recommended that you keep this feature.
      IObit Support Team --
      If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Working...
      X