X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Raven View Post
    Hello, Cicely.
    Yes, this feature works in automatic mode (I do not fully understand how this works). But I would have liked if the user had the ability to monitoring the programs during their installation.

Hi Black Raven,

Our product team will further strengthen this feature to monitoring the programs during their installation.

Let's look forward to the improvement.
    IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

happy to report working like a charm

Comment

Hi Cicely

I have a concern regarding one of the new features in Uninstaller 7.
        The feature is....."Monitor program installation to detect and uninstall bundleware & bundled plugins completely".....
        My concern is that in order for this feature to work, Uninstaller 7 would have to run on startup.
        I believe that most users would load Uninstaller as and when required, and I personally would not consider it very efficient to have Uninstaller always running.
        Maybe this feature would be better suited either as a standalone feature or as a feature in ASC with a link to initiate Uninstaller 7 if a bundleware or bundled plugin is detected.
        To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Scannan View Post
          Hi Cicely

I have a concern regarding one of the new features in Uninstaller 7.
          The feature is....."Monitor program installation to detect and uninstall bundleware & bundled plugins completely".....
          My concern is that in order for this feature to work, Uninstaller 7 would have to run on startup.
          I believe that most users would load Uninstaller as and when required, and I personally would not consider it very efficient to have Uninstaller always running.
          Maybe this feature would be better suited either as a standalone feature or as a feature in ASC with a link to initiate Uninstaller 7 if a bundleware or bundled plugin is detected.

Hi Scannan,

Thanks for offering us the valuable advice from a user's point of view.

Only a process of IObit Uninstaller will run in the background and the main program will not run on PC startup.

The new feature is still under development and we will do appropriate optimization in the future.

Cheers.
          IObit Support Team --
          If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

H Scannan,

IObit Uninstaller Monitor process has been running all the time in the background for a while now with the recent IObit Uninstallers, so I don't think it will make considerable difference to the performance and to the user.

Cheers.
            enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Thanks Enoskype

If it is using the same process to detect the use of the Control Panel "Programs and Features" applet, then I agree that it would not be an issue. I presume that this new feature
              now additionally monitors Program Installation, whereas it used to only monitor Program Uninstallation.
              To err is Human. To really mess things up you need a PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Scannan View Post
                Thanks Enoskype

If it is using the same process to detect the use of the Control Panel "Programs and Features" applet, then I agree that it would not be an issue. I presume that this new feature
                now additionally monitors Program Installation, whereas it used to only monitor Program Uninstallation.

Hi Scannan,

As Enoskype mentioned, only Uninstall Monitor process runs in background and it works for the new monitor feature as well.

Cheers.
                IObit Support Team --

Comment

Great work. Works like a charm :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kittyfuzz View Post
                    Great work. Works like a charm :)

Hi Kittyfuzz,

So happy to hear that.

Cheers.
                    IObit Support Team --

Comment

Thank you very much. And successful resolution of all issues. WE WITH IObit.

Comment

IOBit uninstaller made me so angry that I registered an account just to post this.

Over half an hour of work, I carefully selected all the programs I wanted to uninstall. Upon clicking the button to uninstall them all, I noticed I had made a mistake with one of the first programs I had chosen. So, naturally, I clicked to cancel the operation, all the while being confident that all the programs would still be selected, because, after all, there is no good reason to deselect everything, and the designers of this program seemed competent enough.

I was wrong.

All my carefully-chosen checkmarks were gone. Half an hour of my life I will never get back.

Your designers were not smart enough to foresee this situation, but I hope whoever takes care of this thread is smart enough to make them fix this. There is no way in hell I'm buying the pro version otherwise.
                        Last edited by Nantes; Sep. 2nd, 2017, 04:19.

Comment

Hi Nantes,

Sorry for the issue you encountered.

Did you check the option "Create a restore point before uninstall" when you unstall the programs you selected?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	restore point.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	16717

If yes, you can follow the steps below to restore your computer to the state that you had not uninstall those programs.

Open IObit Uninstaller -> click Options icon on the top right corner to choose Restore -> select the date that you uninstall the programs -> click Restore button to restore them.

Name:	system restore.jpg
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	16718

Hope it will help you.

IObit Support Team --

Comment

Cicely, you completely misunderstood my complaint. I'm not complaining that the program uninstalled something that I didn't want to uninstall, because it was my mistake to have selected it in the first place. What I'm complaining about is that when I clicked to cancel the operation, it unmarked everything I had marked for deletion and I had to spend several minutes reselecting everything again! The program should remember what things you had selected for uninstall if you cancel the operation!

Comment

Hi Nantes,

Thanks for your explanation and suggestion. We‘ve recorded it and will forward it to our Product Manager and Tech Director for further consideration.

Cheers!

IObit Support Team --

Comment

Hi Cicely,

I would like an option in IObit's Uninstaller to search for the leftovers of a program by typing the program's name, instead of browsing manually

Something like the feature available in Revo's Uninstaller as illustrated below..

Name:	revo.jpg
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	16765

Last edited by testuserxperia; Today, 16:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X