Iobit Unistaller Disk Activity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iobit Unistaller Disk Activity

Uninstaller v7 has a high I/O disk activity that should be lessened. It alternates between about 50kb/s to 500kb/s every few seconds. I have set the Uninstaller service to Manual vs. Automatic and killed the two accompanying monitoring utilities. I only need the functionality when I want to actually uninstall an item. Seems to me that a hook can be developed such that when someone is uninstalling a program that would then launch the IoBit uninstaller rather than having its service and utilities always running. SSD drives have limited amounts of read/write lifetimes so anything that reduces R/Ws extends their lifetime.
    Seminary Professor
    Wireless IP Forensics

Originally posted by IsoQuantic View Post
    Uninstaller v7 has a high I/O disk activity that should be lessened. It alternates between about 50kb/s to 500kb/s every few seconds. I have set the Uninstaller service to Manual vs. Automatic and killed the two accompanying monitoring utilities. I only need the functionality when I want to actually uninstall an item. Seems to me that a hook can be developed such that when someone is uninstalling a program that would then launch the IoBit uninstaller rather than having its service and utilities always running. SSD drives have limited amounts of read/write lifetimes so anything that reduces R/Ws extends their lifetime.

Hi IsoQuantic,

Usually, service and process of IObit Uninstaller will run in the background and will not affect PC performance.

Would you please offer us the process or service name that may have high disk activity.

Thanks.
    IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Hi IsoQuantic,

FYI, IObit Unistaller sevice and process have to run in the background if you want it to clean the residues of an uninstalled software, as the recent IObit Uninstaller 7 not only monitors them when they are uninstalled but also when they are installed.

Cheers.
      enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Working...
      X