IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

are you hit by tracking cookies

sunny staines

Nice add-on sunny, one should search for the most recent version 2.09 for FF.

It works OK on FF 11.0, but I am not sure if it works for IE9?

Same pages with tracking showing on FF do not reveal anything on IE9.

Yet waiting to see one tracking on any web page with IE9.

Cheers.

EDIT: Update

FYI, 2.1.0.329 version of DNT+ crashes IE9.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

I've used DNT Plus for quite a while now and love it!

Here is another tip:

Do not use Google Search (sets cookies), use either>

http://www.startpage.com Start Page search engine that sets NO cookies.It gets all the results from Google and you don't get the associated cookies!

http://www.duckduckgo.com DuckDuckGo is another one but not as good as StartPage

I hope you like StartPage Search Engine!...I use it as my default and it is wonderful. :-D

-Cowboy

OK guys,

Some of us may remember the discussion about ixquick quite a while ago!!!

On January 28, 2009, Ixquick stopped completely the recording of users' IP addresses. "Ixquick uses only one cookie called "preferences". This cookie is to remember the search preferences you saved for your next visit. It expires after not visiting Ixquick for 90 days and is anonymous".

Wikipedia

Ixquick returns the top ten results from multiple search engines. It uses a "Star System" to rank its results - by awarding one star for every result that has been returned from a search engine

The Ixquick company also runs a search engine called Startpage, which uses only Google for results.

FYI, our old ixquick (multiple search engine results) is parent of StartPage (google search results). Ixquick has added a search name much-easier-to-remember Startpage in mid 2009. :mrgreen:

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived