IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

The new IObit Forum layout

sunny staines

Had a look all around it. To be honest liked the old site much better, What I miss already is a link for new and updated posts since my last visit.

I accept someone has put a lot of work into it but in my opinion the colour, layout, set was so much better before.

what do others have to say.

I agree wholeheartedly. Much preferred the old layout. I undersdtand that things change, but sometimes it is simply change for the sake of change, and not for improvement, and I think this is one of those times. The old layout was much more user friendly and easier to navigate. It also had a more professional feel to it. I sincerely hope we return to it.

Guest Guest

Looks pretty nice to be honest. Although an option to change to the old one would be nice for those that want the old layout.

Hi, All

Believe or not, the new Forum was a surprise today to me too!

It is a catastrophe for me as I was also dealing with the formation of the Forum. Well, 8 years of habitude is not easy to get rid of!?!??!?!

I have to go to school again to learn the details :)))

This version is supposed to be very safe compared to the old one, but some plug-ins of version3 are not compatible with this one too.

This Forum is the latest vBulletin, v5.1.2 Patch3. Unfortunately it is not compatible with vBulletin v3 style.

We all need time to make it more friendly. For example I can only post/edit when in inPrivate Browsing of IE 11. :(((

I have inserted an attachment URL address into an image (Download button) today, but I don't know how I did that and I can not repeat it again. F.O.L.

Where are the smileys??????

When I want to change my profile it says that birthday format is wrong. (It is the format given in the Forum Admin section by the Forum itself.)!?!?!?!?

Anyway, we have to get used to live with it.

All the best and cheers.

What possessed Iobit to to this. They took a really good forum and completely messed it up. Where is the PM option/User CP/ Mod Area/ Thread Tools....etc. I accept that they updated to a newer version of Vbulletin....but there was no reason to change the layout of the site.....very very disappointing....

Hi Scannan,

With the new vBulletin, I believe they have to stick with the existing layout of 5.1.2, and they are not able to change it.

There is a tool of vBulletin to upgrade to a new version with minimum loss and I also believe that they have used it.

This doesn't mean that I don't agree with you. :))))

Please see the images for the Tools etc. you have mentioned.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n190879[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n190881[/ATTACH]

Cheers.

Guest Guest
Hi Scannan,

With the new vBulletin, I believe they have to stick with the existing layout of 5.1.2, and they are not able to change it.

There is a tool of vBulletin to upgrade to a new version with minimum loss and I also believe that they have used it.

This doesn't mean that I don't agree with you. :))))

Please see the images for the Tools etc. you have mentioned.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n190879[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n190881[/ATTACH]

Cheers.

Sorry, where are the mod forums?

@ Laptop65, I can see the mod forums (Private), but can not read or open the threads, There are errors for permissions that I can not correct in the new vBulletin.

@Scannan, It doesn't work for me either for normal IE11 on Win 8.1, but when I use InPrivate mode for IE, it works.

Also, I have managed to copy the post icons for use in the posts temporarily.

I don't know how to correct characters which shows as ( � ) aka (?). See my Title Mediator under my avatar and enoskype

Probably [unicode-ANSI-UFT8-etc] problem on the new forum.

Cheers.

I don't know how to correct characters which shows as ( �) aka (?). See my Title Mediator under my avatar and enoskype

Probably [unicode-ANSI-UFT8-etc] problem on the new forum.

Cheers.

Sorry people, I am lost in this! :-x

See the attached image.

Cheers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n190952[/ATTACH]

Hi there! Um, I'm a little lost and I already tried checking my user settings and profile but.......where can I change my profile avatar?

:(

Hi LastOffender,

Go to your User Settings after clicking on your User Name on the Forum Page, open your User Profile, hover over on your Avatar and click Edit Avatar popup button, that's it.

Cheers.

No matter how many ways I look at this......I arrive back at the same place...Iobit upgraded to this new forum layout because they think they should...whereas the old forum worked really well and should have been left alone.....SIMPLE...if it is not broken then do not fix it....ignore the techies and listen to your users...

Hi All,

I understand your feelings, because I got the exact same feeling as you do.

We have noticed these errors and we are contacting Vbulletin to solve those problems. Currently, our forum may not be so stable as you mentioned. Please do not worry and we will try to fix these errors asap. If you have new problems found, please just post here, for we asked Vbulletin to read the post directly to solve the issues asap.

As enoskype mentioned 8 years of habitude is not easy to get rid of. It also needs some time for me to learn the new forum. Well, we need innovation. Guessing all of us will found the benefits of the new forum little by little. :-)

Currently, I found it is easier to see the latest topics, my total posts and my recent posts... More to be found by you. :-)

Archived