IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Issues/Problems with New Forum Layout

Scannan

Please post only regarding functions that do not work or that work incorrectly.

Do not post opinions or suggestions.

This Topic/Thread is to enable Iobit/vBulletin to see at a glance the bugs in the new layout, and hopefully enable them to resolve the issues.

You can post opinions and suggestions in Masterblaster's Topic The new IObit Forum layout

1. Cannot post in Private Forum. Have tried it in Private Browsing mode but this does not work either.

1. SOLVED.

2: It is necessary to wait 120 seconds between postings

3. It is necessary to clear cache and cookies in order to make the topic and post management tools available. Users cannot be expected to continuously clear cache and cookies

4. When you delete a post and include a reason for deletion...the message states that ..."This topic by xxxxxxx has been deleted by xxxxxx"......Note: It says Topic but should say Post

4: SOLVED

5. I replied to a post by user Max Martin in the "Send your feedback for Advanced SystemCare 8" Topic. I used the Quote function for my reply. Max Martins post was number #119 and was on page 8. My reply post including the quote was sent and appeared on the last page -page 10 - and is post number #148. However there is now a post number missing between post # 119 and #121. Page 8 ends with post #119 and page 9 begins with post #121.

Edited by Scannan

Hi Scannan,

Sorry to hear so many inconveniences.

I have forwarded the situations you mentioned to vBulletin. Hope they can find a better way to solve the issue soon.

By the way, anyone else met the same issue as Scannan did?

EDIT: Cicely...item 1. has been solved. See post #2. I will highlight when each item is solved.

Edited by Scannan

As can be seen, I edited the previous post by Cicely. However the post did not appear as updated in Today' s Posts. Cicely posted at 07:10 and I edited the post at 08:24. If I now view Today's Posts it still shows Cicely post of 07:10 as the latest post. Surely if a post is edited the edited post should show up as the latest. Otherwise users may not notice the edit.

Why am I getting an email for every post...I have gone through all the settings and unticked everything that would send me emails.....still I receive an email for every post....I sincerely hope someone can tell me how to stop this from happening......I miss the old forum layout so much...

There is a Problem attaching items to posts. It puts the word "attachment" into the post as a link, but if you open the link there is nothing there.

Note: I am concerned as to whether vBulletin/Iobit are taking note of the feedback in this Topic, as there is a glaring lack of response.

Just tried to do an Edit on a post but received a message...."You have a pending edit unsaved. Please save or cancel it before proceeding.".....

I clicked Cancel and it made no difference. No other option is available. So now I cannot edit because of a pending Edit I know nothing about and no way of finding out.

A lot of bugs....

Update: Just tried clearing cache and cookies and then refreshed page (did not need to close the browser-which is a small consolation-). Now I can Edit again....surely this bug can be identified and fixed as it is obviously linked to cache/cookies. Users cannot be expected to constantly have to clear the cache and cookies in order to workaround issues that should be fixed properly.

A lot of users will want their cache/cookies to remain intact.

Hi Scannan,

VBulletin replied the issues as follows:

Issue :"You have a pending edit unsaved. Please save or cancel it before proceeding."

Reply: This sometimes happens if the edit link has been clicked but hasn't opened properly...a page refresh should cure it.

For all the other issues you mentioned, I replied you under Private. Please check it.

@All, any issues about the new forum, please just post here and we will communicate with VBulletin to solve.:oops:

Hi Cicely,

Refreshing the page does not solve the issue. Even closing and opening in new session of IE in Private sometimes does not solve the:"You have a pending edit unsaved. Please save or cancel it before proceeding." issue. There is no cancel or save options at the time of the issue.

Cheers.

Cicely

The real pity here is vBulletins overall attitude. Everybody else is working hard to resolve these issues by providing feedback/suggestions etc...but getting feedback and or assistance from vBulletin is like trying to draw teeth.

When are they going to address the issue of having to clear cache/cookies regularly in order to be able to use the Topic/Post/Edit functions. Surely if they have any pride in their product they would put all effort into fixing this serious defect. Basically they have released a product which will only work if the users apply a workaround every time they use it.

Regarding this particular issue....I have been doing some testing and I have determined that it is not a Cache issue, it is a cookie issue. I did this by clearing first the cache for the last hour, did not solve problem....I then cleared cookies for last hour, did not solve problem....then I repeated this procedure for the last two hours, the last four hours and so on....the problem was not fixed until I got to where I cleared the cookies for Today....then the problem was fixed. This should assist them in solving the issue hopefully....that is if they even care.

Another point regarding vBulletin advising users to be sure to use the remember me option....surely the realise that when you clear cache/cookies....that it deselects the remember me option and you have to Login again.

NOTE TO USERS: Once you clear the cache/cookies it is not necessary to restart your browser to get the functions to work. You only need to refresh the Forum/Iobit tab.

UPDATE:

With regard to Topic/Post/Editing functions not working and the recommendation to clear cache/cookies and refresh browser....please note that I have isolated the issue down to

a cookies issue. Today I started my browser, and after a while opened Iobit forum. I discovered that the Topic/POst/Editing functions were ONCE AGAIN not working.

I cleared cookies only for the last hour then refreshed only the Iobit forum tab and lo and behold everything was now working fine.

Surely vBulletin can solve this annoying bug, or is it just a waste of time giving them all this feedback.

Hi Scannan,

Sorry to hear the troubles. Yes, clear cache/cookies....that it deselects the remember me option and you have to Login again.

By the way, what is the browser that you are using? Still IE issue? Have you try another browser? Please send us your log in details with temporary password to support@iobit.com. Besides, please send us the link that you can not use the Topic/POst/Editing functions. Anyway, more details to help us reproduce the issues and then I can communicate with VBulletin.

Well, it seems that VBulletin lost their patience. :-(

Hi Cicely

This is not a new issue. I am trying to make it easier for users by explaining that they do not need to clear all their cache/cookies as per vBulletins advice, but that they only have to clear their cookies for the last hour or two. Also it is not necessary to restart your browser as simply refreshing the Iobit page will be enough.

I have already supplied all this information to vBulletin/Iobit as I have also informed that I use Firefox and IE. I can now operate the functions by clearing the cookies. However this is a workaround and not a solution.

As for vBulletin losing their patience.....this comes as no surprise as it is in keeping with their overall poor attitude in dealing with issues in their product. Iobit are entitled to expect a fully functional product which they have paid for, and not a product which was realeased with many unresolved issues.

I manage projects for many of the largest international companies, and I can assure you I am very familiar with product performance and supplier obligations. We the users are supplying vBulletin with valuable feedback, and rather than appreciating it and using it to assist them in improving their products, they create the illusion that we are causing the problems. Shame on them.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not even know why I am bothering to point out issues anymore, as we get no feedback and vBulletin seem to be either incapable or unwilling to fix even simple issues.

However, the wrong editing tool is present on the Topics main page. See attached screenshot. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n193490[/ATTACH]

• 7 years later...
1 hour ago, Techie said:

As can be seen, I edited the previous post by Cicely. However the post did not appear as updated in Today' s Posts. Cicely posted at 07:10 and I edited the post at 08:24. If I now view Today's Posts it still shows Cicely post of 07:10 as the latest post. Surely if a post is edited the edited post should show up as the latest. Otherwise users may not notice the edit.

What are you talking about. The above posts are from 2014, and the posts do not have any time of post showing.

Please explain yourself.