No announcement yet.

What's your opinion about telemedicine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your opinion about telemedicine?

Hey guys! I'm wondering if anyone of you has tried online diagnosis or telemedicine of some sort. I am quite hesitant about not meeting my doctor in person to get a diagnosis or to consult about my health concerns. If anyone of you tried it before, mind to share your experience? :)

It's common in the US. My uncle is doing since he was diagnosed with diabetes. Aside from that, his uric acid tends to get high frequently and as a result, he is having a hard time to travel because feet are swollen. His doctor advised him to just conduct an online consultation instead of going to the hospital. And as far as I know, there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, it's even convenient except of course for those life-threatening condition. I even saw them one time having a video call and showing his swollen left foot to his doctor. I find it cool...haha.

Comment

Originally posted by vastwealth View Post
      It's common in the US. My uncle is doing since he was diagnosed with diabetes. Aside from that, his uric acid tends to get high frequently and as a result, he is having a hard time to travel because feet are swollen. His doctor advised him to just conduct an online consultation instead of going to the hospital. And as far as I know, there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, it's even convenient except of course for those life-threatening condition. I even saw them one time having a video call and showing his swollen left foot to his doctor. I find it cool...haha.
      That sounds really cool. I asked that question because I want to try mental health counseling online. I have been experiencing anxiety attacks from time to time but I'm too busy with my launch project and my clients' businesses. Good thing that somebody tried telemedicine before.
      Description of IObit Forum features and requirements - Reading this is compulsory

Comment

Aren't you increasing your chances of being misdiagnosed when you do that? That's not worth avoiding a bit of discomfort imo. I can see it being good for people who live in remote areas or something though.

Comment

Working...
        X