IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What happened to my "system restore"?

aho8en

Hello everyone. To get to system restore (winxp) i use to click start/accessories/system tools/system restore. After installing Advanced SystemCare Pro "system tools/system restore" disappeared. It is not "big" deal because if i need it i click "restore" in SystemCare Pro. Does this happen to everyone? Thanks for the info....

(Advanced SystemCare Pro is rated #1... so far.:razz: )

Hi ahoBen

It is still in my accessories.

I can imagine a couple of possibilities - "unused shortcuts" and "clones/duplicates", if it is one of those or both - one has to look at what it says it will delete in these two areas and place it in the ignore list.

There might be other possibilities, - let's see what your post brings.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello everyone. To get to system restore (winxp) i use to click start/accessories/system tools/system restore. After installing Advanced SystemCare Pro "system tools/system restore" disappeared. It is not "big" deal because if i need it i click "restore" in SystemCare Pro. Does this happen to everyone? Thanks for the info....

(Advanced SystemCare Pro is rated #1... so far.:razz: )

Hi aho8en,

Addition to detailer and solbjerg, you can do the following to have the System Restore shortcut in System Tools.

Please check if you have the file:

rstrui.exe

in folder:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Restore

You can create a shortcut, rename it to:

System Restore

and cut it and paste it to folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools

--------------------------------------

You can repair your System Restore as pointed out in this post in the thread that detailer has linked in post#2 of this thread.

Cheers.

OK aho8en,

I will make it clearer.

Create a shortcut of the rstrui.exe file by right clicking and choosing "Create shortcut" on the menu.

You should not rename rstrui.exe .

Do not turn off System Restore.

Rename the Shortcut of rstrui.exe that you created in the same folder of rstrui.exe, to System Restore . (There will not be a warning for Renaming)

Cut the renamed System Restore and paste it into the System Tools folder which is found by the path:

C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools

When you click start/accessories/system tools, as you defined in post #1, you will find System Restore there.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

• 5 weeks later...

If anyone has a problem with everything or anything missing :-x in start/accessories folder, i found the solution (my entire folder was empty except of system restore, which ya'll explained how to get it back there):

Restore shortcuts to the Accessories group

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Accessories.htm

Download, unzip, and run it. It corrected it all!

I went to a friends house and I installed the free version of Advanced SystemCare. After running it, I checked if start/accessories was okay... it was... nothing different about it. He really liked it and purchased it. After purchasing it and running it again, again, i checked "start/accessories" and he had the same problem as me. I downloaded the software to "restore shortcuts to the Accessories group" and it worked, just like it did for me. PLEASE, what caused this problem? Thanks.

Archived