X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to my "system restore"?

Hello everyone. To get to system restore (winxp) i use to click start/accessories/system tools/system restore. After installing Advanced SystemCare Pro "system tools/system restore" disappeared. It is not "big" deal because if i need it i click "restore" in SystemCare Pro. Does this happen to everyone? Thanks for the info....

(Advanced SystemCare Pro is rated #1... so far.:razz: )

System Restore

Hi aeo8hn-Take a look at this thread.The command given in my post ends with exe not exc
    Great day and God bless horsepower & Mark Martin

Comment

Hi ahoBen
      It is still in my accessories.
      I can imagine a couple of possibilities - "unused shortcuts" and "clones/duplicates", if it is one of those or both - one has to look at what it says it will delete in these two areas and place it in the ignore list.
      There might be other possibilities, - let's see what your post brings.
      Cheers
      solbjerg

Originally posted by aho8en View Post
      Hello everyone. To get to system restore (winxp) i use to click start/accessories/system tools/system restore. After installing Advanced SystemCare Pro "system tools/system restore" disappeared. It is not "big" deal because if i need it i click "restore" in SystemCare Pro. Does this happen to everyone? Thanks for the info....

(Advanced SystemCare Pro is rated #1... so far.:razz: )
      太阳山 (solbjerg)
      Ceterum censeo Usage of IObit Products esse legendum
      (Furthermore I think that Usage of IObit Products must be read)
      Itemized subjects Table of content
      In relation to defragmentation Think about defragmentation
      Clean Install concept Clean Install
      Introduction to the Forum Forum Guidelines

Comment

Hi aho8en,
        Addition to detailer and solbjerg, you can do the following to have the System Restore shortcut in System Tools.

Please check if you have the file:
        rstrui.exe
        in folder:
        C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Restore

You can create a shortcut, rename it to:
        System Restore
        and cut it and paste it to folder:
        C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools
        --------------------------------------

You can repair your System Restore as pointed out in this post in the thread that detailer has linked in post#2 of this thread.

Cheers.
        enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Thanks enoskype, i do have it, but, there was a warning about renaming it, so i didn't. Should i turn off System Restore first. If i do, would there still be a warning? thanks.
          Last edited by aho8en; Mar. 29th, 2009, 22:16.

Comment

OK aho8en,

I will make it clearer.

Create a shortcut of the rstrui.exe file by right clicking and choosing "Create shortcut" on the menu.

You should not rename rstrui.exe .
            Do not turn off System Restore.

Rename the Shortcut of rstrui.exe that you created in the same folder of rstrui.exe, to System Restore . (There will not be a warning for Renaming)

Cut the renamed System Restore and paste it into the System Tools folder which is found by the path:

C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\System Tools

When you click start/accessories/system tools, as you defined in post #1, you will find System Restore there.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.
            enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

If anyone has a problem with everything or anything missing in start/accessories folder, i found the solution (my entire folder was empty except of system restore, which ya'll explained how to get it back there):

Restore shortcuts to the Accessories group
              http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Accessories.htm

Download, unzip, and run it. It corrected it all!

I went to a friends house and I installed the free version of Advanced SystemCare. After running it, I checked if start/accessories was okay... it was... nothing different about it. He really liked it and purchased it. After purchasing it and running it again, again, i checked "start/accessories" and he had the same problem as me. I downloaded the software to "restore shortcuts to the Accessories group" and it worked, just like it did for me. PLEASE, what caused this problem? Thanks.
              Last edited by aho8en; Apr. 29th, 2009, 21:17.

Comment

Working...
              X