IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What internet threat is your biggest worry when it comes to computer security?

333halfevil

What internet threat is your biggest worry when it comes to computer security?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just thought it would be interesting to find out what scares you the most when it comes to threats to your computer. Whether it be a virus, a trojan or a keylogger, what makes you think you are susceptible to it and what makes it so harmful to you?

So choices are as follows:

Backdoor | Hijacker | Keylogger and/or other data logging | Rogue Software | Rootkit | Spyware | Trojan | Worm

For me it is keylogger and/or other data logging. I hate the stuff. I'm always careful to know if something may have a hidden logger in it. I guess it is because of the damage it can do to someone in the real world as opposed to the cyber world. Also I know sometimes how hard it is to detect a keylogger that may be spying on you.

Testing a lot of new software, if not in the virtual mode, Backdoor is my biggest worry.

If I were asked the first three, I would say; Backdoor, Datalogging, and Rootkit. ( I would assume Rogue software is closely related to trojan.)

Cheers.

I'm going with keylogger.Positively the most damage can be incurred here.Also protection measures for these types of attacks is not evolving fast enough to keep up with the threats.This is precisely why I will not bank or pay bills online.If they want my password to IObit forums,have at it!

Yes, rogue is closely related to a trojan and/or ransomware :)

Quite interesting though...So far keyloggers are one of the most prevalent malware for stealing 'identities' and yet there isn't much (yet) to stop them. There are a few specialized programs out there though :smile:

Hello guys,

Since Keyloggers are the nightmares, the Keyscrambler downloadable here may be an interest to you all.

I use it from time to time, keeps encrypting your key strokes.

I hope , I have not made any piracy in your thread 333halfevil. ;-)

Cheers.

Yes, I do use Keyscrambler. In fact I use the Premium version :mrgreen:

And thanks fiddlepeter for that link. Didn't know about that :smile:

I do know of programs that combat keyloggers since I do a lot of research when it comes to malware and internet threats ;-)

Archived