Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti virus & registry cleaner am I right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are very welcome--i can tell you .this you got one of the best fire walls there is -i do not use this ,as i have a very special type of protection.very different to any one--
    but let me say to you ,you got one of the best --ok now other you did all this

now you may surf pretty safe--as you now have a fully ,backed up image?
    Last edited by itsmejjj; Nov. 12th, 2009, 18:54.

Comment

As for Anti virus,currently avast. Since i think current free version of Avira doesn't offers ''Web guard'' protection.
      (Correct me if I'm wrong) Whereby Avast also has free version but offers sufficient protections.

http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html
      U only live once; if live it right, once is enough

Comment

just waiting for a-squared to finish up in its final stages then ccleaner then back up. thankyou for all of your help so far will publish a-squared results here.

Comment

a-squared results

C:\Program Files\Winferno\PC Confidential\PCConfidential.chm Quarantined Adware.Win32.PCConfidential!A2
          C:\Program Files\Winferno\PC Confidential\WinfernoSoftware.url Quarantined Adware.Win32.PCConfidential!A2
          C:\Users\darren\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\darren@atdmt[2].txt Quarantined Trace.TrackingCookie.atdmt!A2
          c:\users\darren\appdata\roaming\reg tool\ Quarantined Trace.Directory.RegTool!A2
          c:\program files\winferno\pc confidential\unins000.dat Quarantined Trace.File.PCConfidential!A2
          c:\program files\winferno\pc confidential\ Quarantined Trace.Directory.PCConfidential!A2

Comment

halo MAX please read the post from start to here so you know what is happening thank you -i leave our new , member in your hands to Gide him,from here
            thank you---

OK i would leave as is -before you install any thing more.i really think this will stop any confusion ..till MAXWIRE gives you advice--he is expert in VISTA OS.
            that is why i would hang on..you prepare the back .and keep safe this file..
            itsmejjj

ok leave in JAILED FILE .DO NOT DILATE for now..and please hang on ..thank you...
            Last edited by itsmejjj; Nov. 12th, 2009, 18:39.

Comment

have quarintened it not deleted ccleaner running now. then backup. then reboot.

Comment

halo MAX please read the post from start to here so you know what is happening thank you -i leave our new , member in your hands to Gide him,from here
                thank you---

OK i would leave as is -before you install any thing more.i really think this will stop any confusion ..till MAXWIRE gives you advice--he is expert in VISTA OS.
                that is why i would hang on..you prepare the back .and keep safe this file..
                itsmejjj

ok leave in JAILED FILE .DO NOT DILATE for now..and please hang on ..thank you...

Comment

Get a anti-virus program soon.

Originally posted by emttaff View Post
                  just waiting for a-squared to finish up in its final stages then ccleaner then back up. thankyou for all of your help so far will publish a-squared results here.
                  Hi emttaff. You are in good hands on this forum. You can learn a lot here. There is a ton of knowledge on this forum. I just want to say, get a anti-virus program soon if you have uninstalled AVG. Avira and Avast are two of the best free programs. I just uninstalled AVG and installed Microsoft Security Essentials . Its a new anti-virus program from Microsoft and has had some great reviews . It is very simple and user friendly. People are saying it will put the other vendors out of business in the future; I don't know about that. A lot of people don't like Microsoft,but I think they are trying hard to make good programs. A member on the forum recommended this to me,and it looks real good . Just make sure you have a anti-virus program on your PC.---garybear
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by garybear; Nov. 12th, 2009, 19:11.

Comment

read about this on your thread earlier cheers

Comment

Originally posted by emttaff View Post
                      have installed the firewall is there anything else i need please.
                      You were given the link for the Comodo Internet Security download which contains options to install either the Comodo Firewall Pro and/or Defense + HIPS and/or the Comodo Antivirus. Which of these softwares did you install or did you install the entire CIS suite?

Also, what were the final results of the A-Squared scan?

~Maxx~
                      Last edited by Maxxwire; Nov. 12th, 2009, 21:42.

Comment

just the firewall medium setting

i posted the a square results on here
                        Last edited by emttaff; Nov. 12th, 2009, 22:33.

Comment

emttaff- So you are now running the Comodo Firewall Pro and you will also need a good antivirus like Avast if you use an unvirtualized browser. Avast has a great boot time scan which may reveal even more infections on your computer.

Is there a reason that you did not install Comodo Defense+ HIPS because it watches everything that goes on in your computer like a hawk and using it will allow you to turn off the Vista UAC because its Hostbased Intrusion Prevention System tracks all programs and not just the .exe's as UAC does.

~Maxx~
                          Last edited by Maxxwire; Nov. 13th, 2009, 00:08.

Comment

PC freezing is usually caused by disk fragmentation.If your PC continues to freeze try changing Advanced System Care disk defragmentation settings to a lower percent or to always defragment because the PC sometimes needs defragmentation even if ASC in recommended settings or Windows defragmenter tells you there are no problems.
                            It has happened to me several times and defragmenting the disk helped stop the freezing even when ASC with recommended settings and Windows defragmenter said I did not need to defragment.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Hi. There are many things that cause your PC to freeze. I run XP3 and it use to freeze. I doubled my RAM to 1GB and have not had that problem since. I run the Smart Ram in my tray. I always have enough RAM and it never shows red like it use to. Ram is very cheap now days.--garybear
                              Attached Files

Comment

thanks everyone. only installed the firewall cos thats what i was advised to do will download avast now cheers
                                what should i do with ccleaner results?
                                Last edited by emttaff; Nov. 13th, 2009, 06:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X