IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Anti virus & registry cleaner am I right?

emttaff

Hi, lookin for some advice.

I currently use AVG v9 for my anti-virus and use most iobit products for registry eg: ASC free and 360. also Malwarebytes.

Q1 am i getting my pc protection right.

Q2 currently expiriencing alot of pc freezing and slowness have already expanded vertual memory stopped startup programs etc. Have had some annoying popups also recently but appear to have removed them by following advice from this forum. Is anyone able to assist me or give advice with stopping the freezing and slowness please.

regards

emttaff

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

emttaff- Welcome to the IObit Forums! First of all it would be good for us to know what Operating System your computer uses and what firewall you are currently using? It would help to get another opinion of how clean your computer is by scanning it with A Squared Free which scans for Viruses and Worms in addition to other Malware.

~Maxx~

ha ya,

Uninstall ,avg,to start of ,Malwarebytes,reboot ,get CCleaner,run that.

use the above suggested, A Squared Free..

ok do this no modem on.see if it fixes the slow downs,freezing.

OR---------------->>>

important ,before you do any ,I am guessing but i think you use XP-?

now XP is fast clean running OS ,that i love.normally, has very little problems..

if so,save all your important files-to a external drive,like saved data,downloads and so on,format the drive ,reinstall ,your OS

before you add any thing,back up the system.use marcuim reflect.

do all of this modem of.unplug it.

i be leave ,you have a bad virus,that doing as you say ,

perhaps

you have conflicting applications problems,,???

ether way i think a full clean reinstall is called for---this will make you more happy using the system instead of trying to fix a problem that's on going...

that the apps cannot find.

the best advice i can give is.

use 1 app for each propose. as in one,for virus,one malaware,1 fire wall ,1 cleaner,

do not use 2 or 3 app that are made to do a job ,looking after your system.

Q1 am i getting my pc protection right. ,one would think so -using what you are.

there is more to it than just using what you are using..you may need to review your setting in your fire wall

or install a new one?

itsmejjj

AVG and malwarebytes

have uninstalled these programs as advised pc much faster already. currently running a-squared free and it has detected 15 items already.

some advice also on proximetron would also be useful. is ccleaner the same as a-squared free. and what do i do about antivirus now?

regards

emttaff

have uninstalled these programs as advised pc much faster already. currently running a-squared free and it has detected 15 items already.

some advice also on proximetron would also be useful. is ccleaner the same as a-squared free. and what do i do about antivirus now?

regards

emttaff

CCleaner is Registry cleaner that's cleans up your junks/caches. Doesn't provide any protection against malware.

Set the correct/best setting for your Anti virus,as for A-squared free,i do not suggest you to remove all of the items immediately. Quarantine is the best option since sometimes the results are false positive which may leads to important file deletion like my previously WIN32.DLL.

you are very welcome--i can tell you .this you got one of the best fire walls there is -i do not use this ,as i have a very special type of protection.very different to any one--

but let me say to you ,you got one of the best --ok now other you did all this

now you may surf pretty safe--as you now have a fully ,backed up image?

a-squared results

C:\Program Files\Winferno\PC Confidential\PCConfidential.chm Quarantined Adware.Win32.PCConfidential!A2

C:\Program Files\Winferno\PC Confidential\WinfernoSoftware.url Quarantined Adware.Win32.PCConfidential!A2

C:\Users\darren\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\darren@atdmt[2].txt Quarantined Trace.TrackingCookie.atdmt!A2

c:\users\darren\appdata\roaming\reg tool\ Quarantined Trace.Directory.RegTool!A2

c:\program files\winferno\pc confidential\unins000.dat Quarantined Trace.File.PCConfidential!A2

c:\program files\winferno\pc confidential\ Quarantined Trace.Directory.PCConfidential!A2

halo MAX please read the post from start to here so you know what is happening thank you -i leave our new , member in your hands to Gide him,from here

thank you---

OK i would leave as is -before you install any thing more.i really think this will stop any confusion ..till MAXWIRE gives you advice--he is expert in VISTA OS.

that is why i would hang on..you prepare the back .and keep safe this file..

itsmejjj

ok leave in JAILED FILE .DO NOT DILATE for now..and please hang on ..thank you...

halo MAX please read the post from start to here so you know what is happening thank you -i leave our new , member in your hands to Gide him,from here

thank you---

OK i would leave as is -before you install any thing more.i really think this will stop any confusion ..till MAXWIRE gives you advice--he is expert in VISTA OS.

that is why i would hang on..you prepare the back .and keep safe this file..

itsmejjj

ok leave in JAILED FILE .DO NOT DILATE for now..and please hang on ..thank you...

Get a anti-virus program soon.

just waiting for a-squared to finish up in its final stages then ccleaner then back up. thankyou for all of your help so far will publish a-squared results here.

Hi emttaff. You are in good hands on this forum. You can learn a lot here. There is a ton of knowledge on this forum. I just want to say, get a anti-virus program soon if you have uninstalled AVG. Avira and Avast are two of the best free programs. I just uninstalled AVG and installed Microsoft Security Essentials . Its a new anti-virus program from Microsoft and has had some great reviews . It is very simple and user friendly. People are saying it will put the other vendors out of business in the future; I don't know about that. A lot of people don't like Microsoft,but I think they are trying hard to make good programs. A member on the forum recommended this to me,and it looks real good . Just make sure you have a anti-virus program on your PC.---garybear

have installed the firewall is there anything else i need please.

You were given the link for the Comodo Internet Security download which contains options to install either the Comodo Firewall Pro and/or Defense + HIPS and/or the Comodo Antivirus. Which of these softwares did you install or did you install the entire CIS suite?

Also, what were the final results of the A-Squared scan?

~Maxx~

Archived