IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smile - Politics

bob3160

Hi bob3160!

I'm really not sure what to think of your post as this is a pc user forum dedicated to PC solutions... especially related to Iobit software...

There are dedicated political forums out there where your post may be more appropriate.

This is an international forum as well and the politics or opinions of one American will be found irrelevant and distracting to most members/visitors here.

The link you have attempted to provide in your signature... though noble... is not permitted by forum rules.

I hope you and yours are well!:smile:

-Sincerely Mel!

Hi Mel

I think the post should have been placed in the thread "Have a laugh on me"

As I see it as a play on words that are rather funny, - albeit mostly from the right wing side politically speaking.

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm really not sure what to think of your post as this is a pc user forum dedicated to PC solutions... especially related to Iobit software...

There are dedicated political forums out there where your post may be more appropriate.

This is an international forum as well and the politics or opinions of one American will be found irrelevant and distracting to most members/visitors here.

The link you have attempted to provide in your signature... though noble... is not permitted by forum rules.

I hope you and yours are well!:smile:

-Sincerely Mel!

Technically, "The Lounge is a place where you can discuss more than our product or non computer related subjects," though, I think non-US members may not necessarily "get" this.

Regarding the signature link; Bob's link is neither spam nor advertising. I don't see how the rules apply.

Aye Just dave!

The signature link is noble as I have mentioned... as is yours! My only caution is that American politics has very limited place here... or else this will become a political forum!

You are correct in your assertion that this is the proper place for his post.

I am probably correct in stating that He is angered by my response (by his response).

I find the content of the post irrelevant to 95% of the people that come here. That's all:smile:

Hi Dave :-)

Did you read enoskype's post on rules?

1. The administrator is always right! (as far as I recall the words)

2. In case of severe doubt, rule 1. applies! (or words to that effect)

On the strenght of that I would say philosophical :-)

From your supplementary comment I gather that you think legally?

Perhaps you are a lawyer? :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Solbjerg,

Just a gentle challenge. Are IObit forum rules philosophical or legal? The rules say nothing about "clickable."

Where is enoskype's post? I was reading ALL FORUM MEMBERS: PLEASE READ.

If the rules are philosophical then there's no sense in posting them; they'll always be subject to interpretation or override.

As you can tell I'm no fan of political correctness. :razz:

edit: And no, not a lawyer. :~>

Hi Dave

I don't remember the location - enoskype will probably come to your aid :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Where is enoskype's post? I was reading ALL FORUM MEMBERS: PLEASE READ.

If the rules are philosophical the there's no sense in posting them; they'll always be subject to interpretation or override.

As you can tell I'm no fan of political correctness. :razz:

In my opinion (not so humble) forum rules should be minimal and always adhered to. Mods and admins should only bend or philosophically modify the rules in extraordinary circumstances, otherwise, how is a mere member to know where he/she stands?

Political correctness rant finished.

edit: solbjerg, you have clickable links in your sig. :oops: :mrgreen:

In my opinion (not so humble) forum rules should be minimal and always adhered to. Mods and admins should only bend or philosophically modify the rules in extraordinary circumstances, otherwise, how is a mere member to know where he/she stands?

yes, but they are to our own forum - and in any case rule 1. applies :-)

If forum rules should always be adhered to than you force the removal of your own signature link!

And as far as inviting an american political discussion here by Bob... I say again take that to a political forum! Not a PC help forum!!!

-Mel

If forum rules should always be adhered to than you force the removal of your own signature link!

And as far as inviting an american political discussion here by Bob... I say again take that to a political forum! Not a PC help forum!!!

-Mel

Again, my link (like Bob's) is neither spam nor advertising. Which rule?

Maybe I'll ask enoskype what his rule is. Or maybe vman? wozofoz? samr? If the rules are philosophical that means they're likely variable...I'll bet I can find someone who'll agree with me.

That's why rules should be rules and not philosophical arguments.

edit: No offense Mel. I'm just a big supporter of critical thinking and an even bigger opponent of political correctness. Given the opportunity I'll generally pop up and argue for the former and against the latter. Rules for rules sake especially set me off.

Hi Dave

Thanks for pointing it out, I hadn't noticed as I hadn't checked it for links to an address, after all you are an "old hand"

I have now delinked it like Bob's

Cheers

solbjerg

Again, my link (like Bob's) is neither spam nor advertising. Which rule?

Hi Dave

But that would take away the links to valuable posts in the Usage of IObit Product links, that I like to see as a help to the users having problems.

Too much rigidity is not the best course I think.

a²+b²=c²

if a is one side of a triangle, b too and c the hypotenuse

if a was a cow b a horse and c a man

you would have a lot of explaining to do

We do not have time for that!

So rule 1. applies

This is a user forum for people having problems with IObit products.

Very few of those are in need of a heart or bone marrow I hope, but they are in need of assistance to try to solve the problem they are having with the programs.

We are not here specifically to solve general or world problems - other as hopefully a side effect. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Unpublished rules or variable, philosophical rules are useless. I'm just arguing for consistency. All you have to do is put "No clickable links!" in the rules.

Archived