IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Attention!!!

Okie

What's happening on the forums is either spam robots, a DDoS attack or just a server problem ; an attack (unlikely here) or spam bots could be overloading the server. I'm having problems accessing the site today as well.

We need someone who has access to the server to see what's going on exactly. If the host can't handle the load, we're in for a bumpy ride until the issue is resolved..

===

Edited an error

Hi!!! Attention !!!!" need to stay away longer until my attitude changes"

If you are logged on here, and think your PC has slowed down and is sluggish, don't panic. Its probably not your problem. It took me 5 minutes just to log on and moving around in the forum is really slow at times. It's getting worse all the time. well i don't know Gary..

took me 4 seconds ,that is slow for me i agree -normally 1 second.and i am in..

you are right ,problem maybe many on line?

itsmejjj

Calm down

Gary, for cry'in out loud, calm down a little. You have to remember slang and idioms used in the U.S. and elsewhere don't always translate well. I have been a member of this forum since mid 2007 and the anger and distrust that has risen of late is to the say the least getting a little disturbing. We are here to help one another, have a laugh on occasion, show support for Iobit products and EACH OTHER. So when anger raises its ugly head, step back, take a breath, think about it and get over it. Your input and humor are always appreciated and that's what I like to see in your posts.

A.T.

Hey, hey, OkieBear, this is not like you at all! Where has our old bubbling friendly Gary gone?

Sunny is just curious and wants a translation. I have to guess myself, sometimes. Some of our New Zealand and Aussie slang would have readers guessing at times too. Over here, gays are sometimes known as poofs, while your meaning was probably a poof of smoke, eh?

Jeez Gary. I can't imagine Sunny meant anything by it but you say you know differently. If that's so, and if it is indeed personal, then please keep it that way. It's none of my business and quite frankly, I don't appreciate being blasted with it.

Still your friend,

Dave

I don't understand you post (" blasted with it") If it's none of your business why did you post??

I went to check out the thread that was supposed to have the latest on the login and server problem and stumbled into a loud and angry confrontation. I had no choice in the matter. That's that I meant by "blasted with it."

I replied because you made it public, though perhaps I should have spoken to you via PM. See? Now we're all doing it.

Gary,

Far from turning on you, I respect you enough to speak with you (type at you) honestly. If/when I step over the line I hope you reprimand and correct me. In fact I expect you to.

Just realize that very little you can run into in any web forum is personal, especially in an international forum such as forums.iobit. And I don't mean to go all Zen on you, but even if it is personal you have to give the offender permission to insult or offend you. For example, there's no way any member of this forum can offend me; all they can do is type words at me. Now, I can take offense, but that's a decision and an action on my part. There are very few instances I can think of where I would make that decision and take that action; it's just not worth it.

Anyway, don't go away. I enjoy your friendship and your posts...mostly. 8)

Same here Okie.

I've pretty much seen it all. The anonymity of nicknames allows most every weird behavior known to mankind, including trolling for reactions. This is much easier to do from behind a keyboard, than face-to-face. We also see the best in people on the forums. The good, the bad and the ugly... If someone wants to pick a fight with me, they'll have to do much better than call me gay ;-) (if they do that, maybe it's because they want a piece of me - pun intended LOL). I'm kidding just now, and I thank Ted for teaching me about certain expressions in the Land Down Under.

When a forum experiences problems (yes, there is a problem), it can add a little stress into the lives of frequent visitors/members. When we can talk with the people responsible for the server and get quick answers, it usually gets resolved in a timely manner. When things don't progress, we just have to keep everything in perspective... and wait. Posting about this in two different threads isn't a problem for me, by the way.

In my part of the world, "Poof" just means "Poof" (say it out loud and hear the noise of something disappearing in a puff of smoke, like magic..heheh).

Here is one last joke : Sunny, I'll see you in the back of the truck... :grin:

Thanks Just Dave and So_sad.

I agree with another forum member here that the IP address is under attack... or the host server, or both of the above as well. (also possible the server is overloaded for a few other reasons)

I personally have reported it to four members of Iobit team, including the head man of the company. I'm sure that other members have also reported it as well! ( I know of a couple that have )

Thank you Okie for opening the original thread "Anyone getting this?" I say there is no need to open the same thread called "Attention" as it is the same problem. But that is only my opinion... that is all.

For those just visiting this forum and are not members... this is the "Anyone" thread I refer to: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5743

Enough lambasting as this is a user help forum!!!!! Please to all!!! Not a personal sideshow for ANY of us!!

-Mel:smile:

sorry for any upset but no intended but it was genuine question in england poof is what gays often use in slang for themselves and I was puzzeled why not more than one reader has used it just recently and for truck it may well be a okaholma slang but what for? we all have our own slang.

another which only okie uses is canadian hunter i have no idea on that on either

Maybe...

Maybe, if things get personal we should consider not answering via this forum but via PM. A continued personal discussion on a public forum can be read by everyone and it possibly clutters the forum because it has nothing to do with IObit and it's programs.

Just an idea and not a rebuke.

sorry for any upset but no intended but it was genuine question in england poof is what gays often use in slang for themselves and I was puzzeled why not more than one reader has used it just recently and for truck it may well be a okaholma slang but what for? we all have our own slang.

another which only okie uses is canadian hunter i have no idea on that on either

"Poof" is funny. I had no idea.

@So_sad: "In" the back of the truck? lol

As to Canadian Hunter...

Hi Okie,

wozofoz is telling that he is very sad because of the personal clashes here in this thread and begs all concerned friends to stop it please. And nothing else.

He doesn't find it funny and really is sad.

Dear members,

If you do not like to communicate, repy, post to a specific member, the best thing to do is put the name of that member into your Ignore List in your Forum User Control Panel.

It is also very practical to ignore a post or a reply that you don't like when going around the threads.

It is not good for Administrators to close the threads that get out of control because of personal accusations, and participated with very valuable forum members.

Thank you and cheers.

Hi my good friend Gary,

I am just replying to you because you are in my buddy list, not in the ignore list.

I have spoken for woz because, I don't want, as he doesn't want, to see posts like mine which is unproductive and unnecessary, to go on in this thread.

Since I have spoken on behalf of wozofoz, it means that I am afraid that he may challenge you, otherwise I should have spoken on behalf of you. I know that you are not afraid to challenge anybody in the forum.

There can be differences in the perception of the meanings of the posts by different people, but as I feel sad, I understood from Wozofoz's post that he really is sad.

Please don't worry about me, I am perfectly comfortable with the situation. I really mean it.

Thank you for your understanding about the closure of the thread, but I will close it you want it to be closed.

All the best my friend.

From the Heart

I did not think I would have to explain my post but it seems I shoud not have used so_sad as it has caused confusion.

So, now I say it straight.

Everything I wrote was from my Heart, it was the truth.

I was almost in tears.

I was so sad

I am begging, yes begging, for it to stop

All the best, woz of oz

Hi danburrito!

Thank you for posting something relevant to the created purpose of this thread!

To everybody... I come here to help where I can. Not to compete or supplant anyone, and I have chosen to stay out of this foray as its the only way I can help!:smile:

Sincerely, Mel

Archived