IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Online Armor++ (Firewall + AV) is free today...

JustDave

One of the biggest drawbacks to GAOTD programs is that you can only install them during the 24-hour give-away period. If you reformat or reload an earlier image you can't reinstall the app. Do the mods and admins mind if I outline a method that makes it possible to re-install most GAOTD apps at a later date?

Wanna try this firewall.

Is anybody else having the problem of failed activation on this download?? I've tried twice and it says activated but then asks for licence. :sad:

In reference to JustDave's post below. It doesn't ask for email address... but I'll look again in a bit.

How to extract the executable...

If it is not illegal, why not JustDave.

Cheers.

Thanks, enoskype.

This method works for most programs wrapped in the GAOTD installer. Sometimes the GAOTD installer actually writes the registration info to the registry; that requires a different method.

1. Download the GAOTD app.

2. Note registration requirements. If registration requires email contact go ahead and do that.

3. Open the Windows temp folder. Start -> Run -> %temp% -> Enter

4. Run Ccleaner or your favorite cleaner app to clean the temp folder of all but the most current files.

5. Run the GAOTD setup package.

6. A new .tmp file will be created in the temp folder. This is the application setup executable.

7. Copy the .tmp/executable to the desktop.

8. Rename the executable to something you'll recognize later, like program_name_setup.exe.

9. Test the installation executable to be sure it works.

10. Save the registration info in a text file.

11. Zip up the install file and registration info and tuck it away in a safe place.

Thanks to you JustDave.

There is nothing illegal there. :grin:

Cheers.

Thanks, enoskype.

This method works for most programs wrapped in the GAOTD installer. Sometimes the GAOTD installer actually writes the registration info to the registry; that requires a different method.

1. Download the GAOTD app.

2. Note registration requirements. If registration requires email contact go ahead and do that.

3. Open the Windows temp folder. Start -> Run -> %temp% -> Enter

4. Run Ccleaner or your favorite cleaner app to clean the temp folder of all but the most current files.

5. Run the GAOTD setup package.

6. A new .tmp file will be created in the temp folder. This is the application setup executable.

7. Copy the .tmp/executable to the desktop.

8. Rename the executable to something you'll recognize later, like program_name_setup.exe.

9. Test the installation executable to be sure it works.

10. Save the registration info in a text file.

11. Zip up the install file and registration info and tuck it away in a safe place.

Thanks JustDave for the heads up again!!

Imagine a user not reading the instructions!!:oops:

I will do this in a bit and edit as to the completion of the task!!:-)

-Mel

Peace, Prosperity, and Longevity to all!!

Unfortunately I had a bit of a spat with the lady and missed the opportunity. (sad)

Archived