IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

If you ever have trouble connecting with some programs or get windows update 80072F8F

IcyFrostPyro

If you have several programs that required internet(not all) that dont work and Windows Update Error 80072F8F, look no further!

Step 1:

Start> Search 'Services'>Services>Windows Time>Right Click>Start

Step 2:

Click time in the bottom right corner or 'Change date and time settings'

Go to 'Internet Time' and 'Change settings'.

Press update now. if a server doesnt work, try another.

easy as this :P

unfortunately, for others where other solutions dont work, this will be the only solution as i spent hours figuring this out with no help from google -_-

Hi Icy

Right!

Quite some time ago an update from Microsoft changed the service Time from automatic to manual -not started and you weren't able to update time manually if the time server were left to use the default setting that used the Windows Time server -set to manual - not started.

I solved the problem then by using time.nist.gov. as the server and making it automatic - and started. Which means that it updates the time once a week!

Not an excessive strain on resources in my opinion :-)

This setting then in turn had to be placed in the ignore list in System Optimize in ASC.

The fault that IcyFrostPyro mentions come about if one isn't aware of the setting and to much difference in computer time and real time is seen.

I have only seen it mentioned in relation to Vista, but haven't researched it thoroughly - I am using XP.

Thanks Icy!!

Cheers

solbjerg

If you have several programs that required internet(not all) that dont work and Windows Update Error 80072F8F, look no further!

Step 1:

Start> Search 'Services'>Services>Windows Time>Right Click>Start

Step 2:

Click time in the bottom right corner or 'Change date and time settings'

Go to 'Internet Time' and 'Change settings'.

Press update now. if a server doesnt work, try another.

easy as this :P

unfortunately, for others where other solutions dont work, this will be the only solution as i spent hours figuring this out with no help from google -_-

Archived