IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

never ending story

titou56

Hi friends :wink:

http://i46.tinypic.com/zyar2d.jpg

As you can see on the download page of Iobit Security 360 from Majorgeek, the war is not finished :-D : there is a special link for ... Malwarebytes ! http://smylies.philoo12.net/Extra-gros%202/emot66.gif

Have a nice day !

Strange advertising strategy

I am going to put aside the 'history' of these two products for the moment and comment only on this advertising strategy.

Your download of IObit Security 360 will automatically start in a few seconds......

If I have made the effort to go to a website and download some software an ad appearing for some other software is not going to make me cancel the download and then download that product instead.

It is just another ad.

Upgrade to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Full Version and Save 20%

upgrade ??? Where the ad appears and the wording of this offer makes it appear to be only for those who already have the free version.

If it were to appear when I download Malwarebytes free version then ok, that's a relevant place for it, but here it doesn't really make sense.

Would I install the free version just so I can get a 20% discount if I decide to upgrade ?

Probably not, especially after reading this:

Just complete the following registration process......

registration process ??? Things are starting to get complicated, I don't think I would bother

Then to add even more complictions, there is this:

... and receive a discount coupon good for 20% off the purchase price

discount coupon ??? Just one more complication to deal with.

If you are going to give a discount simply reduce the price, not offer a coupon.

Plus, what is the price ?

As I said, this post is not about the software it's about the advertising strategy and this strategy does not work on me at all, no matter what company is doing the advertising :wink:

The ad makes the whole process look too complicated :roll:

titou56

i have ads blocked on my browser so never see them, I wonder if it was just a general ad put there without knowing mbam and iobit are not the best of friends at present.

This ad did not appear when I downloaded SuperAntiSpyware and SIW

All the best, woz of oz

Archived