IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AVG wont uninstall

joana39

hi, i have had for years, AVG free virus protector..a box came up asking me to update to the paid version instead which i said yes to but it messed up my computer really bad...i've tried everything to uninstall it but it wont let me...can someone please please help me...when i go to turn it on, thinking maybe i still have it, it wont let me do that either...i would like to take all components of AVG out of my computer and start all over again with the free version...can someone pleaseeee help me...thanks so much...my email addy is: [EDIT--------------] if you would please help me there...thanks again, joan albert

Hi Joana39!

I have removed your email address as it is unsafe for you to post it in an open forum where the Spam bots can harvest it!!!:shock:

The forum members will answer your question on this thread. If you wish, you can subscribe to this thread and an alert will securely be sent to the email you registered here with... announcing that a new post has been added to your thread.:-D

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi again!

Please let us know what the details of your computer are... hardware, operating system, security softwares, memory, etc. are... that will be most helpful! You can add them to your member profile by pressing the UserCP button at the top left of the Iobit Forum.

Also please describe the method you have tried to uninstall AVG with... was it the built in Windows uninstaller? Also, did it seem to run to completion and tell you the software was sucessfully uninstalled?

Is the AVG Desktop Icon still visible? Is it still listed in your program files? Is there an AVG Icon on your quick launch bar or in your system tray?

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Welcome

hi, i have had for years, AVG free virus protector..a box came up asking me to update to the paid version instead which i said yes to but it messed up my computer really bad...i've tried everything to uninstall it but it wont let me...can someone please please help me...when i go to turn it on, thinking maybe i still have it, it wont let me do that either...i would like to take all components of AVG out of my computer and start all over again with the free version...can someone pleaseeee help me...thanks so much...my email addy is: [EDIT--------------] if you would please help me there...thanks again, joan albert

Welcome to the forum joana39 :smile:

Try using the AVG Remover tool

AVG Remover eliminates all the parts of your AVG installation from your computer, including registry items, installation files, user files, etc. AVG Remover is the last option to be used in case the AVG uninstall / repair installation process has failed repeatedly.

All the best, woz of oz

• 3 weeks later...
hi, i have had for years, AVG free virus protector..a box came up asking me to update to the paid version instead which i said yes to but it messed up my computer really bad...
Same happened to me! Apparently, you have to uninstall the free version before installing the paid version...otherwise there is a massive conflict. Anyway, it screwed up my computer too and I had to have the disc formatted. I complained to AVG and they refunded my money. I haven't touched AVG since.

Archived