IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows/temp Folder, Files Delete

Toppack

I noticed that the C:/windows/temp folder, on one of our computers, had grown to about 8.GB of data, :?

I think I have deleted all files in that folder before, without any problems,

but I can't remember for sure :?:

Does anyone here know of any possible problems,

deleting all of those will cause :?:

If not, I'll Move them first, to see what happens.

Hey Toppack,

It's safe to say, that 99.9% of the time you can remove those temp files without any problems. Only exception would be if you for some oddball reason installed a program to that file (not very likely I know. Your suggestion of creating a secondary file as a backup if you're still concerned is good idea. If after a couple of days after cleaning the original and having no problems, you could delete the backup as well.

A.T.

Meant to say that Piriform's CCleaner does a great job cleaning temp files. Personally use it on a weekly basis.

Okay, I did an Internet search and found two websites that agree with us,

so I'll go ahead and move them, to be safe, before deleting.

I forgot that I also have a copy of at least most of them on the external back-up drive. :oops:

I guess that's what happens when we get Too Old to celebrate birthdays any more. :?

Archived