IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Updating to MacBooster 4

Marksy

I went and upgraded to MacBooster 4 and it was a BIG mistake. I have sent an number of emails and via their site over the last few days and they have completely ignored me. I have found that if your use 1Password and then run MacBooster 4 it will delete your DATA!!!! I have had a real problem with this and the most annoying issues is Iobit just do not reply. I have eventually been able to get all my passwords and data back with the help of 1Password and because I had the information on my iPhone but then as soon as I run MacBooster 4 again I loose the lot again. DON'T NOT UPGRADE OR USE THIS PRODUCT. If they do come back it takes 4 days

Hi Marksy,

Sorry for the trouble. Currently, we are investigating it. Please provide us with information below to look into the issue:

Please open MacBooster, press command and comma simultaneously, and then find and send us all the logs. Thus we can look into it further for you.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Marksy,

We have fixed the issue. Please reinstall your 1Password to make sure it works normally and then download and installe the latest MacBooster v4 from the link below:

http://wikisend.com/download/577116/MacBooster_4.pkg

After installed, please clean with MacBooster v4 again, then please let us know if still any issue with 1Password. If there is, please open MacBooster, press command and comma simultaneously, and then find and send us all the logs for further investigation.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Marksy,

Sorry to hear that. Please provide us with more information to further look into the issue:

1. Please describe the details of the operations with MacBooster before your backups were deleted.

2. Open MacBooster, press command and comma simultaneously, and then find and send us all the logs

3. Find the file mb.log in Documents and send it to us.

If it is not convenient for you to post the logs here, please send them to us in PM or macfeedback@iobit.com

Thank you.

Please see answers below, I have also noticed in the ignore list 1Password is not listed as you mentioned previously would happen in the update. I never had this problem with MacBooster 3

On 21 Oct 2016, at 07:16, IObit Support <
> wrote:

Hello,

Please provide us with more information below to help us further look into the issue:

1. Please describe the details of the operations with MacBooster before your backups were deleted.
I just pressed scan on opening the app as normally and then after it had scanned the computer I pressed fix as normally - as soon as it had finished I get a message from 1Password on the screen to say backup not possible “fix or ignore” - If I press fix it goes through the motions but is unable to fix as the iCloud data is corrupted. When I go into the 1Password app “preferences” and look at backup there are all gone.

2. Open MacBooster, press command and comma simultaneously, and then find and send us all the logs

3. Find the file
mb.log
in Documents and send it to us.

I have carried out a search for mb.log on this computer and there is no mb.log

• 4 weeks later...

Archived