IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

HDD Swap + OS change = folder missing

I recently swapped my external and internal hard drives as the internal one is getting old. At the same time I installed a new OS windows 8.1 on my new internal (previously external HDD) and the old one had windows 7 on it. I installed Iobit Protected Folder on my old windows 7 HDD. Now that I made it as external HDD, all the general files are intact, but when I login to Protected Folder, one of the folders I locked within is missing. One folder was unlocked in a certain partition H: but the folder I locked from the G: partition is missing. Is there any way I can find the missing folder and files? I hope I was clear enough.

Note: I searched the existing topics for any references or help but I couldn't find a similar issue. If I am mistaken, please point me to the solved topic.

Hi krishnateja89,

Once you reinstall the whole system, the files / folders protected by Protected Folder will be restored to their original directory if these files / folders are not originally stored in C:. If they were stored in C: before you protect them with Protected Folder, they will be wiped as well as Protected Folder.

Consideration the situation you met, please try to search the file on your computer, also it is suggested to try Undelete under Toolbox in ASC to see whether the file can be found.

Archived