IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Protect Folder and Hard Disk Downgrade

populux

after the downgrade by W 7 Ultimate to W7 Home Premium only update no new installation . All programs with photos , documents , etc .. there are in place and are instead the folder containing the protected files there is no more when I open protect folder tells me to insert the password and confirm it with the suggestion as if it is the first time I use it . So even if I enter the password, there is no folder in his memory . I tried to see it on the directory where Deskop was with a file recovery but nothing

Hi populux,

Please note that files / folders are not stored in Protected Folder. Protected Folder only applies actions of Hide, Deny Read Access, and Deny Write Access to those files / folders.

Once you reinstall the whole system, the files / folders protected by Protected Folder will be restored to their original directory if these files / folders are not originally stored in C:. If they were stored in C: before you protect them with Protected Folder, they will be wiped as well as Protected Folder.

Archived