IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Hidden directories

jc2259

Observations having tested the software:-

If Windows setting - hide system files and directories is set to 'on' then the user is in with a chance of haviving this software hide the 'protected file/directory', if the setting is set to 'off' in other words display system hidden files/directories then this software does not hide the 'protected' file/directory, so becomes a bit pointless. if like me you are an I.T. professional then protecting files using a password is simple with microsft office software also Adobe.

This software is a good idea but needs a little more thought to being able to display directory content and open hidden/protected file from within an application given an 'addon' to office products (word, excel etc) and adobe.

Hi jc

Yes also the windows privacy option for folders works ok

But the office file protection is not the best, you can usually set a password and then you can get in by writing several different passwords, but given the large amount of possibilities it is fairly safe for common use.

In my opinion one should never store ultra sensitive information on the computer. But to hide less sensitive files from other users and the like is sufficiently ok I think.

6AµçU6ª1 → that is solbjerg coded with monday in my own system.

That system can be used like a one-time pad which makes it virtually impregnable..

But I usually don't use the function.

Cheers

solbjerg

Observations having tested the software:-

If Windows setting - hide system files and directories is set to 'on' then the user is in with a chance of haviving this software hide the 'protected file/directory', if the setting is set to 'off' in other words display system hidden files/directories then this software does not hide the 'protected' file/directory, so becomes a bit pointless. if like me you are an I.T. professional then protecting files using a password is simple with microsft office software also Adobe.

This software is a good idea but needs a little more thought to being able to display directory content and open hidden/protected file from within an application given an 'addon' to office products (word, excel etc) and adobe.

Archived