X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge file: fidbox.dat

The report displayed after running a manual defrag with SmartDefrag showed a file in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\fidbox.dat that could not be defragmented. It was 622.49 MB in size. However after closing the report I could not find this file. Is this a temporary file that SmartDefrag used to perform its task?

Hi perfesser,

It is a hidden file, you have to change your settigs in folder options to "show hidden files" to see it.

Are you using Kaspersky and/or ZA security suit?

Cheers.
    enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Huge file: fidbox.exe

enoskype:

Thank you for your reply. I have my folders set to show hidden files, but fidbox.exe does not appear. I thought that maybe SmartDefrag used it during the defragmenting and then dumped it. I do not use Kapersky and never have. I use AVG 8 Free and ZoneAlarm Free firewall on my XP Home system.
      Last edited by perfesser; Oct. 8th, 2008, 22:39.

Comment

Are you sure it was fidbox.exe and not fidbox.dat or fidbox.idx?
        enoskype

- Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and belongs to the man who can appreciate it. -

Comment

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
          Are you sure it was fidbox.exe and not fidbox.dat or fidbox.idx?
          I'm sorry I meant fidbox.dat, not fidbox.exe! Sorry.

Comment

perfesser, did you searced it or checked it going to:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\fidbox.dat
            ?
            If it is there, you can use Contig.exe or/and Power Defragmenter to defrag it. Please see post #26 in this thread.

Cheers.
            enoskype

Comment

Originally posted by enoskype View Post
              perfesser, did you searced it or checked it going to:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\fidbox.dat
              ?
              If it is there, you can use Contig.exe or/and Power Defragmenter to defrag it. Please see post #26 in this thread.

Cheers.
              I went to C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS and could not find fidbox.dat after the Defragment was done. It just showed in the SmartDefrag report about the defragment that was just done. I don't know what happened to it. Does SmartDefrag use such a file? I am wondering.

Comment

Working...
              X