IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Defrag,Fast Optimize or Fully Optimize?

in SmartDefrag settings > "Scheduled Defrag" i can choose between "Defrag","Fast Optimize",and "Fully Optimize",what's the difference between those 3 and which option is the best?

another thing,SmartDefrag don't start the scheduled defrag if the computer is in "Lock" status :?::-(

Hi ragous

It depends on the circumstances - generally I would say Fast defrag, but it depends - if it is heavily fragmented I advise a plain defrag first, - if it is lightly fragmented (fx. less than 3%) I would say fully optimize.

What do you mean by "Lock Status"?

Cheers

solbjerg

in SmartDefrag settings > "Scheduled Defrag" i can choose between "Defrag","Fast Optimize",and "Fully Optimize",what's the difference between those 3 and which option is the best?

another thing,SmartDefrag don't start the scheduled defrag if the computer is in "Lock" status :?::-(

Hi ragous

Instead of locking the entire computer which probably means that no other person can use the computer while that setting is in force I suggest that you lock the files in question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_locking

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. IObit Protected Folder can also be used for this purpose

http://forums.iobit.com/showpost.php?p=79424&postcount=209

but i need to lock it lol,i have important files on my computer,i don't want anyone else to get access to them..

so while i sleep the scheduled defrag cannot start when the computer is locked

Archived