Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows defragmenter - conflict with Smart Defrag?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. Please help us to look into the issue.

please download the tool from: http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD5InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

After that, please send us the file via email sdfeedback@iobit.com

I'm waiting for your email.
    IObit Support Team --
    If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your information.

To look into the issue, please download the tool from: http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD5InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Please send the file to sdfeedback@iobit.com
      IObit Support Team --
      If you're happy with our products, please tell your friends, families and colleagues about IObit and IObit products! We'd be very grateful!

Comment

Hi Cicely,

File generated and sent by email

Regards
        DJ ektorbarajas:
        http://ektorbarajas.blogspot.mx/

Comment

Hi there,

We received the files which are being analyzed.

Thank you for your time.
          IObit Support Team --

Comment

HI,

I received an email with the following information:

We are sorry that this problem you mentioned is unable to be fixed. It is recommended you disable Windows Defragmenter.

Have a nice day.
            I checked Windows Disk Defragmenter and the weekly defrag schedule was shown that was executed for ALL my HDD and EHDD betwen march 26 and march 27.
            and today iobit smartdefrag auto executed smart defrag

So i went back to Windows Disk Defragmente and just analyzed the HDD and EHDD, and windows defrag shows that my C drive is 6% fragmented but iobit smartdefrag shows that this is ok with 0 fragments.

The above statement is the escence of this thread, windows built in defrag has a different approach than iobit's smart defrag and so even that windows defrag may show that the HDD or EHDD are fragmented, acording to iobit's smart defrag THEY ARE NO!

I know that I can manually disable the weekly windows built in defrag schedule, but the main concern here is:

Should IOBIt make Smart Defrag installer to AUTOMATICALLY disable any windows built in schedule??? because by defaut, when SD is installed the windows built in defrag schedule is left utouched!

I'd like to see a more complete and elaborate answer from IOBit staff about this, because as of today it seems that when windows built in defrag schedule is run, it UNDO what iobit SD has achieved.

DJ ektorbarajas:

Comment

Hi there,

We are still looking into the problem you reported.
              IObit Support Team --

Comment

Originally posted by ektorbarajas View Post
                HI,

I checked Windows Disk Defragmenter and the weekly defrag schedule was shown that was executed for ALL my HDD and EHDD betwen march 26 and march 27.

So i went back to Windows Disk Defragmente and just analyzed the HDD and EHDD, and windows defrag shows that my C drive is 6% fragmented but iobit smartdefrag shows that this is ok with 0 fragments.

The above statement is the escence of this thread, windows built in defrag has a different approach than iobit's smart defrag and so even that windows defrag may show that the HDD or EHDD are fragmented, acording to iobit's smart defrag THEY ARE NO!

I know that I can manually disable the weekly windows built in defrag schedule, but the main concern here is:

Should IOBIt make Smart Defrag installer to AUTOMATICALLY disable any windows built in schedule??? because by defaut, when SD is installed the windows built in defrag schedule is left utouched!

I'd like to see a more complete and elaborate answer from IOBit staff about this, because as of today it seems that when windows built in defrag schedule is run, it UNDO what iobit SD has achieved.
                Hi there,

The difference of the results of Windows Disk Defragmenter and Smart Defrag is caused by different algorithms. Due to the different algorithms, the optimization by Windows Disk Defragmenter and Smart Defrag will be different. So they may undo each other changes.

I hope it is clear now.
                IObit Support Team --

Comment

Originally posted by ektorbarajas View Post
                  HI,

Hi there,

The difference of the results of Windows Disk Defragmenter and Smart Defrag is caused by different algorithms. Due to the different algorithms, the optimization by Windows Disk Defragmenter and Smart Defrag will be different. So they may undo each other changes.

I hope it is clear now.
                  IObit Support Team --

Comment

It has been clear since the beginning, the main problem is that due to those different algorithms both programs will struggle each other and undo each other.

That is why iobit MUST do that by default when smart defrag is installed it disables windows built in defrag schedule so that ALL fragmentation and optimization is handled by smart defrag.

Don’t know why no more users are concerned about this when what is happening is that as of today, windows defrag undo what smart defrag has done. Hence no 100% smart defrag optimization is present
                    DJ ektorbarajas:

Comment

Hi there,

Of course, it is your decision whether you disable Windows Defragmenter. Different programs may undo other's changes because of different algorithms. Generally, it is not recommended to install more than one software with the same feature.

Cheers
                      IObit Support Team --

Comment

Then, should iobit set SmartDefrag to disable windows built in scheduled defrag???

If not then many users will have two defragmenters fighting each other and windows HDDs will not be fully optimized
                        DJ ektorbarajas:

Comment

Hi there,

Basically, fragments are created every minute when your system is running. None the defragmenter is able to make sure there are no fragmentations on your PC. Even if there is some, it won't influence the disk optimization and durability. You can disable Windows Defragmenter with Smart Defrag.

Cheers.
                          IObit Support Team --

Comment

Hi Cicely,

Can you pass the following suggestion to IObit?:

When Smart Defrag is installed, to automatically disable windows built in defragmenter schedule, and if Smart Defrag is uninstalled that the uninstaller automatically re-enables windows built in defragmenter schedule. This to avoid having two defragmenters running and undoing defrag/optimization each other.

I’m asking for this because by default when smart defrag is installed the windows defrag schedule is left intact and so it is executed and undo what smart defrag has achieved.

And this to comply with the basic rule and principle:
                            TO NOT HAVE TWO OR MORE DEFRAGMENTERS RUNNING SIMULTANEOUS

Thanks
                            DJ ektorbarajas:

Comment

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. It is our great honor to get customers' support like yours, which will make our product much better.

We will consider your suggestion very carefully/.

Cheers.
                              IObit Support Team --

Comment

Working...
                              X